Ritte Crossberg 2012 full carbon model

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mzlewis

by mzlewis

Morning,

This is my first post on this forum, so hello!

Any info on the above bike? Anything that I should look for when buying a frame 2nd hand? Also how does a 54cm frame measure up? Odd question but do they come up on the big side? I normally ride a 52cm cannondale cross frame but it feels ever so slightly too small.

Thanks in adavnce,

Matt

0sparky0

by 0sparky0

I recently sold mine to fund a disc Giant TCX. My girlfriend is still pissed at me. She said the Ritte was pretty. She was right too. If it was a disc bike with room for bigger tires, I can't imagine ever parting with it. It was under Image16lbs ready to ride. Handling was exceptional. Had Red drivetrain'carbon bar and post. Went really fast. Was beautiful. I miss it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mzlewis

by mzlewis

Cheers Sparky,

What size did you have? I'm worried about a 54cm being a bit too big for me. I am 5ft 9 and my Cannondale cross bike which does feel a little cramped is a 52cm. Also, does the Crossberg struggle to take mud tyres? Is mud clearance a bit too tight? I live in Britain so that could be a big factor for me! They do look nice though!

Matt

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Is that road pedals on a cross bike? That seems a bit strange :)

By the way, that cycle holder is really nice!

0sparky0

by 0sparky0

Thanks guys. I did have road pedals at that time, and was headed to a mtb race with the bike. I'd just put it together. I normally use eggbeaters, just didn't have any at that moment. It was a wet race, but in our region the mud is either red clay or sand. I did not have accumation issues, but our mud is different than normal mud. I'm 5'5". The small was good for me. I'd guess a medium is right for someone 5'9". I ran clement pdx tubulars, which were a 32 or 33. There was room for something with bigger knobs, but that tire was awesome in wet or dry, so I never felt compelled to swap. The new crossberg can have discs but isn't all carbon. Too bad really. After riding my mtb and disc cx bike all winter, I'm realizing just how sucky road and canti brakes are. Its amazing really.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk