My new frame

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Boogie

by Boogie

Hey,

because my frame was broken I get a new one. Thursday he is ready and I'll take pictures. Here is just the preview.

This Frame is it:
http://www.vantuyl.nl/upload/Image/prod ... -large.jpg

and in the right colours:
http://www.sampy.nl/fotos/1Woerden/images/143_4306.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Boogie, you're not in Maarten Nijlands team, aren't you? What team and category are you riding for?

Do you happen to know how Maarten is at the moment. He had some serious heart problems; is that totally solved and beyond any major concerns? It was a bad thing to hear a few months ago... :?

Müsing

by Müsing

vantuyl makes nice frames. Why broke your frame and which fork are you going to get? Do you know, which one is in the yellow frame?

Müsing

by Müsing

C a s r a n wrote: ...serious heart problems....

I wonder why he has these problems?

Boogie

by Boogie

@ Musing: That are Quasar forks. The homebrand of van Tuyl. I'll get a qusar fork

@ Casran: I'm a first years U-23(18yeard old). I'm not in the team. Maarten Nijland has some serious problems with his heart. His heartbeat was very unusable (for dutch speakers: hartritmestoornissen). He had a lot of test and he is back in the peloton. For more info you check his own website: www.maartennijland.nl or his father's site: www.sampy.nl , who makes always a lot of pictures.

zank

by zank

I saw that Maarten finished 4th at the C2 race in Herford on New Years Eve. That is great to see! I hope he is doing well and the doctors have things figured out.

Ridley

by Ridley

Wasn't Maarten in a belgian television program called 'Koppen', they filmed him during race and during his heart operation?

(a few years back)

Boogie

by Boogie

Maarten was ride today in Surhuisterveen en was 9th. With a bike like that he must ride a good National Championship..

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Boogie wrote:@ Casran: I'm a first years U-23(18yeard old). I'm not in the team. Maarten Nijland has some serious problems with his heart. His heartbeat was very unusable (for dutch speakers: hartritmestoornissen). He had a lot of test and he is back in the peloton. For more info you check his own website: www.maartennijland.nl or his father's site: www.sampy.nl , who makes always a lot of pictures.

Thanks. I wondered if you'd know him better. ;) I saw him riding again indeed. Hope he is doing well and he won't face these severe problems again. Last time I spoke him was during a pro race somewhere in September: I gave him my congratulations since he became a father some weeks before and he told me what is like to have a crying baby at night! :)

Ridley wrote:Wasn't Maarten in a belgian television program called 'Koppen', they filmed him during race and during his heart operation?

(a few years back)

No, Maartens problems only occured this winter season. The rider you are talking about is a belgian (west flamish) rider; I think his name is Wesley Balcaen.

Ridley

by Ridley

C a s r a n wrote:
Boogie wrote:@ Casran: I'm a first years U-23(18yeard old). I'm not in the team. Maarten Nijland has some serious problems with his heart. His heartbeat was very unusable (for dutch speakers: hartritmestoornissen). He had a lot of test and he is back in the peloton. For more info you check his own website: www.maartennijland.nl or his father's site: www.sampy.nl , who makes always a lot of pictures.

Thanks. I wondered if you'd know him better. ;) I saw him riding again indeed. Hope he is doing well and he won't face these severe problems again. Last time I spoke him was during a pro race somewhere in September: I gave him my congratulations since he became a father some weeks before and he told me what is like to have a crying baby at night! :)

Ridley wrote:Wasn't Maarten in a belgian television program called 'Koppen', they filmed him during race and during his heart operation?

(a few years back)

No, Maartens problems only occured this winter season. The rider you are talking about is a belgian (west flamish) rider; I think his name is Wesley Balcaen.

I think you're right Casran, the program was made after the death of the cyclocross rider (Tim Pauwels, + 26 septembre 2004) , but I knew Wouter had heart problems a while ago :(

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Looks like a really nice frame - looking forward to seeing the final build of your cross-bike!

Can you show me your avatar picture in a larger size? Thanks :-)

Boogie

by Boogie

Tonight I will post the pictures.
@ Mads Knock: I can't post him ,cuz he is too large I could mail him. Send me a PM with your mail.

Boogie

by Boogie

Defently the pictures.. I like them! I can't blame me bike when I'm riding sucks at the Nationals saturday!
Attachments
The back
The back
;)
;)

Boogie

by Boogie

and the rest..
Attachments
just a picture of the Titanium/Carbon cross bike
just a picture of the Titanium/Carbon cross bike
me and the bike..
me and the bike..
and the front..
and the front..
yeah it's carbon!
yeah it's carbon!

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

I really like your bike - looks super sweet!!!!

what size chainrings and cassette do you use???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com