Julien Taramarcaz BMC CX Bike

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

Not sure I understand how the UCI could rule against the stays, but I do see a problem with the stays being that low and wide canti brake arms possibly catching the back of the riders leg during dismounts or for out of the saddle efforts.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

gt5504b wrote:
dereksmalls wrote:I heard somewhere that the seat stay configuration above wasn't allowed in UCI races? Is that true? Anyone know?

What about the stays could be disallowed by the UCI? Is it too narrow in one direction?

Yeah not sure. I haven't read through the rule book to see if it mentions anything that in CS the satys must come from higher up the seat tube like a normal designed frame shape. Then again the Giant TCX has much the same shape in the seat stays, albeit a bit higher up the seat tube so I think someone was telling me the wring info there

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

AFAIK the rule is one that's applied to TT bikes most often.

I think the rule is roughly something that says the stays must make contact with the seat tube pretty much no lower than the height of the rear wheel.

Seeing as BMC do this on most of their frames, I can't see it being an issue.