HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My new frame
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Amsterdam , Netherlands
Hey,

because my frame was broken I get a new one. Thursday he is ready and I'll take pictures. Here is just the preview.

This Frame is it:
http://www.vantuyl.nl/upload/Image/prod ... -large.jpg

and in the right colours:
http://www.sampy.nl/fotos/1Woerden/images/143_4306.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: My new frame
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:07 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:19 pm 
Offline
WW of the Year 2005
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Posts: 3237
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Boogie, you're not in Maarten Nijlands team, aren't you? What team and category are you riding for?

Do you happen to know how Maarten is at the moment. He had some serious heart problems; is that totally solved and beyond any major concerns? It was a bad thing to hear a few months ago... :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 148
Location: Ruhrarea, Germany
vantuyl makes nice frames. Why broke your frame and which fork are you going to get? Do you know, which one is in the yellow frame?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 148
Location: Ruhrarea, Germany
C a s r a n wrote:
...serious heart problems....


I wonder why he has these problems?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Amsterdam , Netherlands
@ Musing: That are Quasar forks. The homebrand of van Tuyl. I'll get a qusar fork

@ Casran: I'm a first years U-23(18yeard old). I'm not in the team. Maarten Nijland has some serious problems with his heart. His heartbeat was very unusable (for dutch speakers: hartritmestoornissen). He had a lot of test and he is back in the peloton. For more info you check his own website: www.maartennijland.nl or his father's site: www.sampy.nl , who makes always a lot of pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:19 am
Posts: 320
Location: Sutton, MA USA
I saw that Maarten finished 4th at the C2 race in Herford on New Years Eve. That is great to see! I hope he is doing well and the doctors have things figured out.

_________________
Zanconato Site
Zanconato Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:54 pm
Posts: 335
Location: Leuven, Belgium
Wasn't Maarten in a belgian television program called 'Koppen', they filmed him during race and during his heart operation?

(a few years back)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Amsterdam , Netherlands
Maarten was ride today in Surhuisterveen en was 9th. With a bike like that he must ride a good National Championship..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:32 am 
Offline
WW of the Year 2005
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:54 am
Posts: 3237
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Boogie wrote:
@ Casran: I'm a first years U-23(18yeard old). I'm not in the team. Maarten Nijland has some serious problems with his heart. His heartbeat was very unusable (for dutch speakers: hartritmestoornissen). He had a lot of test and he is back in the peloton. For more info you check his own website: www.maartennijland.nl or his father's site: www.sampy.nl , who makes always a lot of pictures.



Thanks. I wondered if you'd know him better. ;) I saw him riding again indeed. Hope he is doing well and he won't face these severe problems again. Last time I spoke him was during a pro race somewhere in September: I gave him my congratulations since he became a father some weeks before and he told me what is like to have a crying baby at night! :)



Ridley wrote:
Wasn't Maarten in a belgian television program called 'Koppen', they filmed him during race and during his heart operation?

(a few years back)



No, Maartens problems only occured this winter season. The rider you are talking about is a belgian (west flamish) rider; I think his name is Wesley Balcaen.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:54 pm
Posts: 335
Location: Leuven, Belgium
C a s r a n wrote:
Boogie wrote:
@ Casran: I'm a first years U-23(18yeard old). I'm not in the team. Maarten Nijland has some serious problems with his heart. His heartbeat was very unusable (for dutch speakers: hartritmestoornissen). He had a lot of test and he is back in the peloton. For more info you check his own website: www.maartennijland.nl or his father's site: www.sampy.nl , who makes always a lot of pictures.



Thanks. I wondered if you'd know him better. ;) I saw him riding again indeed. Hope he is doing well and he won't face these severe problems again. Last time I spoke him was during a pro race somewhere in September: I gave him my congratulations since he became a father some weeks before and he told me what is like to have a crying baby at night! :)



Ridley wrote:
Wasn't Maarten in a belgian television program called 'Koppen', they filmed him during race and during his heart operation?

(a few years back)



No, Maartens problems only occured this winter season. The rider you are talking about is a belgian (west flamish) rider; I think his name is Wesley Balcaen.


I think you're right Casran, the program was made after the death of the cyclocross rider (Tim Pauwels, + 26 septembre 2004) , but I knew Wouter had heart problems a while ago :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Looks like a really nice frame - looking forward to seeing the final build of your cross-bike!

Can you show me your avatar picture in a larger size? Thanks :-)

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Amsterdam , Netherlands
Tonight I will post the pictures.
@ Mads Knock: I can't post him ,cuz he is too large I could mail him. Send me a PM with your mail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Amsterdam , Netherlands
Defently the pictures.. I like them! I can't blame me bike when I'm riding sucks at the Nationals saturday!


Attachments:
File comment: ;)
vt3501.jpg
vt3501.jpg [ 124.88 KiB | Viewed 480 times ]
File comment: The back
vt3502.jpg
vt3502.jpg [ 122.68 KiB | Viewed 403 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:40 pm
Posts: 414
Location: Amsterdam , Netherlands
and the rest..


Attachments:
File comment: yeah it's carbon!
vt3503.jpg
vt3503.jpg [ 116.88 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]
File comment: and the front..
VT3504.jpg
VT3504.jpg [ 100.24 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]
File comment: me and the bike..
vt350ndme.jpg
vt350ndme.jpg [ 123.81 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]
File comment: just a picture of the Titanium/Carbon cross bike
vt390.jpg
vt390.jpg [ 100.75 KiB | Viewed 465 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:24 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:52 am
Posts: 2765
Location: Malmö, Sweden
I really like your bike - looks super sweet!!!!

what size chainrings and cassette do you use???

_________________
My blog


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Domane Classics replacement frame/ frame and fork weights

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

Slack

41

5378

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm

FIJIGabe View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. new frame

in MTB

qvick

3

683

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:29 am

AdyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. New frame - what to get?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in MTB

seismic

26

2577

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

the_marsbar View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Little dent in Ti Frame

in MTB

victorduraace

5

482

Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 am

jooo View the latest post

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Best carbon frame?

in Road

myndog

7

1320

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Frankie - B View the latest post


It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB