Ultegra Di2 discs.

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

manninen

by manninen

they have one thing in common. buttons

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

So, how do you like the brakes? Thanks!
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stoney

by stoney

The Shimano hydraulic disc brakes are awesome. I've been on 2 rides on my new Ultegra Di2 equipped CX bike and love it!

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I was afraid someone was gonna say that. :twisted: :wink:
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

What bike are you riding, stoney?

stoney

by stoney

I bought a Giant TCX Advanced frame set and had it built up with Ultegra Di2 w/hydraulic brakes. I have an 11-32 cassette on the rear with a 42 Wolftooth chainring on the front. Since it was a "custom" build I didn't purchase the front derailleur.

rasmussloth

by rasmussloth

Sounds very nice.

Can you post a picture of it?

What chainset do you use?

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

Brakes and Di 2 are excellent
We bulit a lot of bikes with it

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

stoney wrote:I bought a Giant TCX Advanced frame set and had it built up with Ultegra Di2 w/hydraulic brakes. I have an 11-32 cassette on the rear with a 42 Wolftooth chainring on the front. Since it was a "custom" build I didn't purchase the front derailleur.

This is exactly what I had in mind! Would love to see what it looks like

stoney

by stoney

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

stoney

by stoney

I'd love to post a picture if I could figure out how to get it from my wife's macbook pro to this forum page.?. I'm new to the apple software and this forum. Sorry for my ignorance.

ms6073

by ms6073

stoney wrote:I'd love to post a picture if I could figure out how to get it from my wife's macbook pro to this forum page.?
Upload the image to an image sharing site like Tinypic.com, imgur.com, Google Drive, etc., then copy the url from the hosting site and use the Img button to paste the link to the image.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Or open a thread in the Gallery/Intro forum, then you can upload (small) images directly.

manninen

by manninen

Ypsylon wrote:So, how do you like the brakes? Thanks!

Been riding now when snow melted away, R785 is really good. there is no way im going to pull any wires anymore.
First i had trp hy/rd with S500 sram levers, lever was squishy. i couldn´t get it away, i did bleed and stuff.
well, hy/rd is now on my girlfriends 26" bike.

R785 is more car-like system. somehow trp´s open hydraulic system does not work like in shimano.

enough for hy/rd

lever movement is good, i can put very linear braking power even one finger from hoods
i have to get used to stock shift buttons, S500 custom gear change buttons were better, closer to campagnolo style, i miss lots gear changes, thinking to put bigger and i do smaller gear

discs both 160mm and i think i could brake woundup fork into pieces

Roundabout

by Roundabout

You find 160 to have more than enough braking? That would confirm Shiman's suggestion that 140 rotors are more than necessary for the R785 applications.

Building up my new cross frame with mechanical 6800 and CX77's, with goal of upgrading to electronic next season. Curious how the update mech brakes will perform.

How's rear shift performance with the wolftooth 1x setup?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com