Canyon Inflite SLX

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

brintapap

by brintapap

Hi all,

I'm having a hard time deciding on my new crossbike. I will use it primarily for racing, but to be able to put on some bottle cages for some off season riding is a must. I'm also looking for something preferably aluminium because it seems a bit more durable to me (i'm coming from a Cannondale super-X which is cracked at the bottom bracket). Also the bike must have disc brakes.

The bike i'm considering is the new for 2016 Inflite SLX (https://www.canyon.com/nl/road/inflite/inflite-al-slx-9-0-race.html). The problems is that i cannot find a lot if info about them online about how they are liked as a cx race bike. I'm also scared riding cross with those expensive wheels, how do carbon wheels hold up?

Another option for me is to build a bike up myself. Frames i'm considering are:

- 2015/2016 ridley x-bow
- Something planet-x (viner, planet-x XLS, pickenflick)
- Kinesis PRO6

I'm looking for some input so i can make a better choice, does anyone have some info regarding the Canyon Inflite or any of the mentioned frames? Also, are the carbon wheels on the inflite a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Tubular wheels are nice for racing. Carbon tubular = even nicer :) However, for me at least, the hassle of glueing tubulars was too much, so I'm going the tubeless route on my new bike (Focus Mares CX Ultegra), currently running Maxxis Mudwrestlers tubeless. I have not been able to make the tires burp yet (I'm actually a bit surprised by that). I'd also say that if you only have one wheelset, it should not be tubular.

I was thinking about getting the Canyon (the model with Ultegra, I'm not fond of SRAMs brakes), but the delivery time was too late for me. I also ended up getting the Focus cheaper than the bike you're looking at (with a frame which should be about 500 grams lighter). So far so good (with only a few hours on the bike).

Omiar

by Omiar

PlanetX has a Tomac CX bike also. Disc and electronic ready plus thru-axles. Im wondering if there is something that can beat it on paper.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Exar

by Exar

The Tomac is also available on Aliexpress, without the Tomac paint of course.
Chains to the right!