Ridley warranty replacement

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

owen

by owen

My 2010 Ridley X-Night frame was cracked, and LBS will warranty a replacement frame. Their distributor have both 2013 X-Night or X-Fire model available in my size. They cannot replace with the upcoming 2014 models. So...which one is a better frameset for racing cx. I previously broke my intergrated seat post mast bracket (warranty) in a race and DNF. Which one should i get?

ms6073

by ms6073

owen wrote:My 2010 Ridley X-Night frame was cracked, and LBS will warranty a replacement frame. Their distributor have both 2013 X-Night or X-Fire model available in my size. They cannot replace with the upcoming 2014 models. I previously broke my integrated seat post mast bracket (warranty) in a race and DNF. Which one should i get?
Just curious, did the seat mast develop a vertical crack underneath the seat post clamp? A friend has a 2012 X-Night and while he did not do a very good job cutting the mast, his first outing and the mast developed a vertical crack and Ridley USA refused to warranty the frame. As for which frame, now I am kind of wondering if these frames cracking had anything to do with Ridley deciding to abandon the integrated seat mast? Also curious why they cannot replace your frame with a 2014? Although they may not yet have the new frames in stock, unless you are in a hurry for a replacement, seems like they could get you one once the new model is available? Finally, as for X-Fire or X-Night, I was under the impression that for 2013, the X-Fire was available as disc only.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com