SRAM XX1 to a Campagnolo 11sp shifter?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mjduct

by mjduct

it could allow you to run SRAM's new drivetrain in cross? has anyone tried it, or does someone know where to get SRAMS specs for the cassette on the XX1 group?

styrrell

by styrrell

I beleive the issues are matching the cable pull to the ear derailleur. A campy road shifter pulls less cable than a Sram XX does. So you need a jtek shift mate or another way of increasing pull.

If it was me I'd buy a shiftmate for increasing pull and try it, if it doesn't work you may be able to make a pulley slightly larger or smaller yourself.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

limba

by limba

Right now the drivetrain is a huge 10-42 cassette and the biggest chainring is a 38. That's probably not big enough for your racing? SRAM are experimenting with a cross version, meaning bigger chainrings and a cassette with smaller jumps in teeth. I'd wait for the real thing.

mjduct

by mjduct

this is all hypothetical =]

Just thinking out loud and seeing what others know.

elSid

by elSid

Cable pulled per click for Campag 11 is (about) the same, right? DaveS?

Does anyone know if the cable pulled per click for the sram xx1 progresses uniformly? If so, there might be a way to mate Campag shifters to the xx1 11 speed rear derailleur and cassette using some kind of pulley. Otherwise it is hard to imagine it'd work well across all cogs.

Why wait for a cyclocross version?
1) If the Campag/xx1 union works, it would be available months - or years - before the cyclocross version.
2) It's fashionable to sniff at cyclotourist-low gears which you'd get with a (successful) union of the xx1 rear to a double crank, but doing so could dramatically affect enjoyment of long and mountainous rides for a lot of people.
3) I prefer Campagnolo for a lot of reasons, but wish they had more gearing options. And even thought it looks as if they'll producing wide(er) range cassettes for the 10 speed groups later this year, if Campagnolo ever produces a 11-42 cassette, I'll eat my shoe.

mjduct

by mjduct

I just picked up a 13-29 for my 1x10 campy-cylocross setup just to see they now have a 12-30 :noidea: My area is pretty flat and I haven't found myself wanting anything that the 42 front----13-29 rear hasn't done for me. If they get to something more like a 12-36 or something around the 300% range I'll be all over it! (close to my internal gear setups)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com