2013 Ibis Hakkalügi DISC!! wow ....

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

giant man

by giant man

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/i ... isc-35520/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adidavas

by adidavas

hmmm

limba

by limba

Looks awesome. I'll have to check the full specs later and compare it to the Super X.

alexalecu

by alexalecu

Other than the BB92 Press Fit Bottom Bracket, it looks great.
See this article on BikeRumor for some more details:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/10/14/ibi ... oss-frame/

jdavant06

by jdavant06

Why have I read something about the 'Lugi not being a real 'cross bike ?

Please enlight me, 'cause this bike strikes many cords with me.

vcnz

by vcnz

Looking at the top tube, seems the frame has a sloping geometry.
If this is the case, it's horrible for cyclocross, especially for shouldering and dismounting

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Why would sloping be terrible for cross? It's not like your shoulder is a right angle?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

jdavant06

by jdavant06

I might be wrong but more and more 'cross bike now feature a sloped TT, albeit not as much as road bike and certainly less than a Niner or C'Dale hardtail.

Comes quickly to mind are Raleigh RXC, Van Dessel FTB (not by much), CruX, Lapierre, Salsa Con Crosso (massive slope) and the Lugi disc.

Do you shoulder on a regular basis ?

Frans

by Frans

Sloping doesn't matter so much as people thought hence why many producers are binning them. As Chuck D says Don't believe the hype.

Left hand on the bars, right hand on the TT is fine.

Don't belive people who say that horizontal TTs are the only way, it's like people who said discs would never catch on.

The Garmin rider was on a Lugi last weekend so if it's good enuf for him...

euan

by euan

Sloping TT makes a smaller bike harder to shoulder. A sloping TT also changes the balance of the bike on the shoulder and makes it harder to move between short efforts or longer ones up steep bankings.

vcnz

by vcnz

Don't you guys put one hand on the top-tube while approaching barriers, stairs etc. before dismounting ?
I do it all the time, and I put my hand very close to the seat post. If the geometry is sloping, the height there is much lower. As a result, I would feel much more unstable, which is not nice while approaching obstacles at high speed on bumpy/slippery ground.

Frans

by Frans

Euan, I now understand your point re: bike balance - a sloping TT will make it rear-heavy. I never shoulder my bike so this hasn't been an issue. On steep run ups and I just push it and actually rest on it and use it as a crutch.

VCNZ, you're right but despite lots of practice my technique is not as slick as you describe so I don't notice. But I'm not sure you can place much pressure on the top of the top tube b/c cable stops are there - all in all you have to wait before you get off the bike before you can hoist it...

euan

by euan

That works for sure on some run ups but others you definitely need to shoulder it. The course I raced last weekend had this to contend with and you had to shoulder the bike to get up it reliably

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUWQtqcXKww

bc sparks

by bc sparks

I raced on a Ridley Supercross for a couple of seasons with a tall head tube and flat top tube. Now I race on a bike with a shorter head tube and a slightly sloping top tube, at the mid point of the tt it's about 3.5 cm lower than the Ridley. It took me about 5 minutes to get used to shouldering the smaller front triangle on my current bike, and, even though the top tube is a bit lower, I haven't ever felt that the bike was less stable coming into barriers with my right hand on the top tube. Unless the sloping top tube is pretty dramatic, I don't think it's an issue.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

monty dog

by monty dog

IMO I'd much rather have the extra standover of a sloping TT rather that then need to 'shoulder' a bike - 9 time out of 10 a hand under the downtube is all I need for a dismount in most of the races I ride. It's only events like Three Peaks where you're shouldering the bike for long periods where you'd appreciate the horizontal TT. I've carried my Kuota over my shoulder up and down near vertical Cornish cliff paths - my last worry was whether my TT was horizontal or not!
Just ride