2013 Super-X Disc Arrived

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

bikegearguru

by bikegearguru

I just built a 2013 Super-X disc this past weekend and will be sharing numerous photos and details in the next few days. I am currently running everything stock with the exception of a tubeless conversion. Below is a simple photo of the first ride on the bike. I will be taking high-res photos during a photo-shoot tomorrow and will post for your viewing pleasure. Updates to come..

Feel free to ask questions or request particular photos.

Regards,
BGG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

limba

by limba

Nice. Looking forward to more pics/info.

sanrensho

by sanrensho

Actual frame/fork weights?

limba

by limba

Are you racing this bike?
How do you like the Schwalbe tires? Can you compare them to Michelin Muds, etc?
Is this your first disc cross bike?
Does this bike come with the new Red front derailleur? Was it a pain to set up? Will it work in the mud?

I'd like to see the frame/fork tire clearance. Any idea what the fattest tire will fit?

Boralb

by Boralb

limba wrote:Are you racing this bike?
Does this bike come with the new Red front derailleur? Was it a pain to set up? Will it work in the mud?

I'd like to see the frame/fork tire clearance. Any idea what the fattest tire will fit?

I'm using 40c schwalbe dureme's now without any problems, but i wouldn't try something larger.

bikegearguru

by bikegearguru

As of today, with the stock build* (seatpost not cut, etc.) the bikes weighs 7343g or 16.1885pds and is a size 52. I was unable to weigh the frame/fork individually as it was shipped by Cannondale semi-built (plus I wanted to get it on the dirt ASAP).

*only modification was tubeless conversion
Last edited by bikegearguru on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bikegearguru

by bikegearguru

limba wrote:Are you racing this bike?

I am racing this bike, but will make a few modifications. 1) I will swap out the red for rival and move the red to my WW road bike, 2) I will add Ashima rotors

The mini racing ralphs are nice, but do not behave, shed mud, or grip like the mountain bike version. They roll decently fast and are supple. Compared to the Muds, they will not perform as well when it gets muddy, but will roll better when it is dry. I would consider the ralphs as a "fast course" tire and I plan to use it only when it is dry or tacky.

This bike has the new red and the front derailleur was easy to setup. I have yet to use it when the conditions are bad, but the cage is a lot better than the previous red derailleurs.

Below are photos of the rear and front clearance. For reference the ralphs are 33mm wide.

bikegearguru

by bikegearguru

Rear clearance:

Rear clearance second view :

Fork clearance:

limba

by limba

Awesome. Beat it up and tell us how everything holds up. I'm being looking at the Super X since the first one came out, not sure if I should grab one this year or wait another year for better disc options... :noidea:

maddog 2

by maddog 2

..if only they also made one with road geo :|

Frans

by Frans

Any idea if the frame is Hi-Mod or normal? It got hard to spot the differences. In 2011 all were Hi-Mod. In 2012, the green accent frames were Hi-Mod and the white/black only were not hi-mod. Maybe med-mod :-)

bikegearguru

by bikegearguru

The frame is High-Mod

8)

limba

by limba

The Red disc and Ultegra di2 are both hi-mod frames.

The Ultegra/Rival bikes are reg mod.

monty dog

by monty dog

Rear wheel mud tyre clearance doesn't look great, particularly as mud will gather on the top of the stays behind the BB IME - fine for dry conditions but wouldn't fancy if it is really muddy
Just ride

limba

by limba

Any updates after racing it? When you squeeze the brakes how close do the levers get to the bars?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com