cross on lightweights

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i recieved my set of lightweights yesterday, standard with dt-campa hub and 20/20 spokes. forgot the weight of the rear wheel, but front is 494 grams. those wheels are so damn nice, even nicer if you know they belong to you...
i have to glue them this afternoon and buy another set of tune qr's, so i can ride them on the weekend. now i'm completely blown out of money, but happy as hell. could be that i'm uci-illegal now...

Boogie

by Boogie

do you have some pictures with your bike? what kind of tubes did you have?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

the ew tune frontwheel in my crossbike is 520 gramm
its 24 spokes
with aerotek-matrix rim 45mm high
very stiff
cheaper
and most important : you can repair
foto here: http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread ... e=17&pp=25
elmar

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

simon, any progress on getting us some pics?

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

no, sorry, the problem is that we have no internet at home yet(in two weeks or so...), we're still busy putting all the new things in our flat, and most interesting, i changed my cx bikes from campagnolo to shimano, and changed to a smaller frame size. i always had that special feeling on the bike and thought something is a little wrong here. a teammate who has the 54 frames wanted to change to 56 frames, so we simply changed the frames. i also had to organise some new wheels for shimano, because i tried the campi wheels, but with a little snow or mud in the cogs, shifting sucked.
i have new brake pad holders on my bikes, custom made by christian heule. i'm his first test rider. he plans to sell them, i will give more info about that soon. you can put all style of road brake pads in them, the yellow swissstop for carbon rims are wonderful. and you can adjust the pad in every direction, as the new shimano road brakes.
the best of this parts is that they're lighter than a cool stop eagle claw.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Simon, many congratulations with your Lightweights! :thumbup: I'm sure you'll bring them to excellent results.

simon wrote:no, sorry, the problem is that we have no internet at home yet(in two weeks or so...), we're still busy putting all the new things in our flat, and most interesting, i changed my cx bikes from campagnolo to shimano, and changed to a smaller frame size. i always had that special feeling on the bike and thought something is a little wrong here. a teammate who has the 54 frames wanted to change to 56 frames, so we simply changed the frames. i also had to organise some new wheels for shimano, because i tried the campi wheels, but with a little snow or mud in the cogs, shifting sucked.
i have new brake pad holders on my bikes, custom made by christian heule. i'm his first test rider. he plans to sell them, i will give more info about that soon. you can put all style of road brake pads in them, the yellow swissstop for carbon rims are wonderful. and you can adjust the pad in every direction, as the new shimano road brakes.
the best of this parts is that they're lighter than a cool stop eagle claw.

Wow, big changes... I won't recognize your bike any more! :shock: Can't wait to see pictures, but take your time. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com