ebay chinese carbon frame

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mikeyg

by mikeyg

CXF. So you think that the on-one dirty disco is a pile junk? I am pretty sure that their CF is chinese. I have found a frame which looks identical and has identical geometry from a chinese manufacturer. How do you know that all chinese carbon is junk? I understand that Taiwan was set up for the aerospace industry hence why their carbon is quality. I certainly have some quite reasonable stuff that is chinese. Also i get an inkling that molds probably get replicated and passed around to china as identical looking products appear from Taiwan and chinese manufacturers. I have also talked to some chinese manufacturers who say how they have learnt how to produce carbon from the Taiwanese. Nonetheless i wouldnt touch that chinese ebay frame with a bargepole.

I have seen some rubbish carbon out there. One MTB frame looked like the front half had been formed from two molded sections glued together, it snapped!

I think its more important to see that the products conforms to some testing regulations (EN i think is one), and to see the constrcution method and environment is suitable.

I havent seen any taiwenese disc cyclocross frames, but if you are after non-disc search alibaba and sort for taiwan. Find something that looks reputable and contact the seller and ask for a sample.

I have some trigon 26" carbon forks that are great, i think they are also branded by ritchey. http://www.cycledivision.co.uk/product- ... pid49.html. They also do a disc frame http://www.trigonbicycles.com/e/p_framesets_xqc02.html.
but you would have to contact an agent local to you to get hold of one i guess.

£900 for a 1100g cyclocross frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CXF

by CXF

if you have a "on-one dirty disco " and you say its a good frame, i stand corrected. but we both agree on the frame that started this thread, we both wouldnt touch it. it looks cheap.
its cross season buddy

qwop

by qwop

Just built up my cross bike with this frame. All the options are nice (disc compatable, Di2 routing, mechanical routing) there's just a lot of holes to tape over if you're going the standard braking/shifting route :wink:

I'm primarily a mountain biker and the handling with this bike was spot-on, at least to me with limited cross experience. I'm running a 90mm stem and have my hoods set-up close and I think it makes up for the longish top tube on the 54cm

I dont have a weight for the frame only... sorry

bc sparks

by bc sparks

mikeyg wrote: I am pretty sure that their CF is chinese. I have found a frame which looks identical and has identical geometry from a chinese manufacturer.

The OnOne Dirty Disco is made in Taiwan. It is the BEV 7009 frame and fork from BEV-INT.
http://www.bev-intl.com/frame-bvc-7009-set.htm

This is now an open mold frame that is being produced by several Chinese manufacturers that can be found on alibaba.com as the AC024 frame.