Ritchey Single Bolt For Cross

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

matson70

by matson70

Curious if anyone has had experience with a Ritchey single bolt seatpost for cross?

limba

by limba

Not for cross but it was a pain in the ass to adjust on my road bike. I hate that design. Get a Thomson if you want something strong, a reliable clamp, sorta light and easy to adjust.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Peter_E

by Peter_E

My cross bike has the Ritchey one bolt wcs stubby. It has worked without any problems for me for 2 seasons. I am light at 65 kg though.

One thing is that it doesn´t work with Specialized carbon rails saddles.

5shot

by 5shot

I used a Ritcey WCS Carbon 1 bolt post on my 'cross bike this past season. I have experienced no problems whatsoever with the post. I found it easy to adjust upon initial installation and it then held solid all season.

ldamelio

by ldamelio

Opposite experience. Had one on my race bike a couple of years ago. Damn thing pointing vertical up my a** after 2 laps every race no matter what torque I applied. Ditched it for a Thomson and have never looked back. Single bolt not up to mounts and remounts and not a great cross setup atmo. Might be OK for a commuter or gravel road bike but wouldn't race with one again.

huddini

by huddini

ldamelio wrote:Opposite experience. Had one on my race bike a couple of years ago. Damn thing pointing vertical up my a** after 2 laps every race no matter what torque I applied. Ditched it for a Thomson and have never looked back. Single bolt not up to mounts and remounts and not a great cross setup atmo. Might be OK for a commuter or gravel road bike but wouldn't race with one again.

Had a 1 blot on my CX, which was a pain! Had to take it of... Now I am stuck w the one bolt on my ISP Scott Scale LTD :(

Rich_W

by Rich_W

I like the design... bulletproof IMO, easy to setup, easy to hit with a torque wrench. Been using them for 4 seasons.

Have variations of Ritchey one-bolts on all 6 bikes I own.

huddini

by huddini

huddini wrote:
ldamelio wrote:Opposite experience. Had one on my race bike a couple of years ago. Damn thing pointing vertical up my a** after 2 laps every race no matter what torque I applied. Ditched it for a Thomson and have never looked back. Single bolt not up to mounts and remounts and not a great cross setup atmo. Might be OK for a commuter or gravel road bike but wouldn't race with one again.

Had a 1 blot on my CX, which was a pain! Had to take it of... Now I am stuck w the one bolt on my ISP Scott Scale LTD :(

I am 84kg = 184lbs.... Will try to use locktide..... Still think it sucks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lorcatronik

by Lorcatronik

Never had a problem with it slipping, but just installing a new saddle on it last night took over 20 minutes and a lot of cursing, especially with a new Fizik saddle whose rails didn't match perfectly. To get it wide enough to get the saddle rails in, you have to open up the clamps to the point that one side comes off of the bolt and the whole assembly falls apart. Kinda wish I had gone with an Easton 2 bolt post.