Re: FM058 Cyclocross build

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

weeni
in the industry

by weeni

timtak wrote:Does anyone know if I could port my Trek 7.2 FX cyclocross components (gears, brakes, post, saddle, bars, everything) to this frame, and how difficult it would be?

I am addicted to carbon frames, so my Trek bike is sitting unused. It looks really cool above. I could get to love my born-again Trek again.

You need get all specifications/infos of FM058, then you can see if your parts can fit this cyclocross.
web: www.xmcarbonspeed.com
Email: bellajian@foxmail.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

Timtak.. I would think it's possible, just need a different BB and the rest should be ok. I don't see why not.. But double check just to make sure

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Timtak - had a quick look: the things you will possibly need to check are seatpost (trek = 27.2, think fm058 may be 31.8) - can always buy a shim which will be quite cheap. Check steerer tube on trek, it may be 26.0mm and dengfu is 1 1/8" (this will probably have a knock on effect on bars too. Finally, FM068 can be bought with BSA bottom bracket which should be directly compatible with the one on your Trek.

timtak

by timtak

Thank you very much. I am hardly using my Trek at all.

Steerer and bottom bracket seem to be the main issues then.
BSA huh. I never would have known.

There bars are of the 25.4 variety so I guess that the tube is probably thinner too, so I would need
a new stem I guess.

Thank you again. I will look into it.

Tim

jooo

by jooo

The Trek stem/steerer tube will almost certainly be the same (1 1/8). You could use your existing stem with the steerer which means you can use your existing handlebars.

No such thing as a modern 26.0 steerer.

timtak

by timtak

Thank you. So all I would need to do is get the one with the BSA bracket.

Does one need special tools, to compress the bearings into the headset and bottom bracket for instance?

If you have more photos that would be cool too. I think that this frame looks good.

jooo

by jooo

No, your BB should also fit. The 7.2 FX uses the same threaded BSA BB.

timtak

by timtak

Thank you. 450 USD (the cheapest I can see on Aliexpress is still quite a lot but I will look into it).

gnosp

by gnosp

Great looking build!