Help me choose hubs

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cyco

by Cyco

You can order the straight pull hubs from the wheelset as a spare part. You are, however, limited to the spoke count on the wheels
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Cyco wrote:You can order the straight pull hubs from the wheelset as a spare part.

Sounds like it might be more economical to try and source closeouts on 26" MTB disc wheelsets with the desired hubs.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

I've been impressed with bikehubstore hubs. The quality is really good for the money.

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

I'd have to throw in a second vote for the White Industries hubs. They are reasonably priced and respectably durable. Additionally, when time for service finally comes, they will be much more simplistic than other options.

derekshred

by derekshred

I was unimpressed with my Reflex set (and Open Pro for that matter) They did not build all that easily, were pretty flexy, not particularly light, and after a season and a half were getting stress cracks at the eyelets.

I have since gone to the Velocity Major Toms and have been incredibly happy. Light weight, affordable, lots of spoke drilling options, and are just overall a great value. The wide rim is great for CX and even riding 24h f/r they have been absolutely bombproof.

They get my vote for sure.

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

derekshred wrote:ots of spoke drilling options, and are just overall a great value. The wide rim is great for CX and even riding 24h f/r they have been absolutely bombproof.

They get my vote for sure.

I second this post. It seems to be pretty rigid for its weight as well.