Chris King R45 Cyclocross hubs

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

mariocippollini

by mariocippollini

Just received this email from Chris King confirming the release of a cyclocross specific set of their R45 hubs :D

"Next year, we will be releasing our R45 hub with disc mounts but at this stage in the design process they are only 32 and 28 hole. That doesn't mean that we're not planning to do a 24 hole, but there are no designs as of right now."

As you can tell I asked them about the possibility of a 24 hole set, I would be interested to hear if people think that is enough spokes for a disc wheels set especially if you are lacing to a carbon rim. It would be great if they did as you could combine the hubs with most of the rims from top manufacturers as most of their rear wheels use 24 holes. I know some Cannondale disc specific cross bikes come with 24 spokes so can’t see a problem although it may be too few for a carbon rim?

If you guys want to see a 24 hole version then drop them an email as if enough of us do it they will surely provide this spec.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

musk3t

by musk3t

HED are doing 24h disc wheels with their carbon rims. Definitely ok if you use something like an ENVE 29" XC MTB rim, but as always, it depends on a load of factors that a good wheelbuilder can discuss with you.

Colin

by Colin

I've got a set of MTB wheels that are disc with 24 spokes, never had any issues.

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

Well, I'm sure you could get away with a 24 hole. It really is dependent on you as a rider and rim selection.