Time iclic2 pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rush

by Rush

RE : Titanium axle models. Are their weight limits for the RXS model? The manual for the iClic version states a weight limit of 90 kg (I'm 88 kg at the moment).

Rush

by Rush

Well I just spoke to the Australian distributer. He basically said that the weight limit was provided to
1) Protect from US-style litigation
2) Was more to do with the click-in system itself rather than the axle.
i.e. the carbon blade in the iClic pedal was often broken by large heavy brutes stamping on the pedals to click in (which you have to do with a metal spring).

This would be why the RXS has no stated weight limit but the iClic does

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Omiar

by Omiar

My Iclic2 cleats are now 1000km's old, no big wearing marks.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

pariahdecss

by pariahdecss

My own experience with the iClic2's - the partial click-in thing from the original iClic's still happens but happens less frequently. This does not make it less annoying. The pedals feel "tighter" under hard use/sprinting than the original iClic's . . . but the new metal wear plates that they added to stop/slow the surface wear on the pedals have already fallen off on one side of one pedal and are starting to on the other one - they are "glued" on not screwed on like the Shimano SPD-SL design

fix one design problem and create another - I am sending them back under warranty - but I am probably done with Time pedals. I am using a pair of used Ultegra pedals from a friend now

Omiar

by Omiar

pariahdecss wrote:My own experience with the iClic2's - the partial click-in thing from the original iClic's still happens but happens less frequently. This does not make it less annoying. The pedals feel "tighter" under hard use/sprinting than the original iClic's . . . but the new metal wear plates that they added to stop/slow the surface wear on the pedals have already fallen off on one side of one pedal and are starting to on the other one - they are "glued" on not screwed on like the Shimano SPD-SL design

fix one design problem and create another - I am sending them back under warranty - but I am probably done with Time pedals. I am using a pair of used Ultegra pedals from a friend now

How much have you ridden with these pedals before the plates started to fall off?
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

huddini

by huddini

Mine are 210 days old and 5000K... Pedal looks new, but cleats are pretty worn... Walked 2-3K thx to a flat.... :( Guess its ok, but worse than RSX.

darwinx

by darwinx

Omiar wrote:Afaik the RXS's are prone to breaking, the front tends to break off.
I bought the Time iClic 2 Titaniums. A bit overpriced, bit I wouldn't change them for anything else.

This is a known issue with the RXS' that was fixed.
I really like the iClic 2's which have none of the issues of the original iClics, like false clip in, wear on the pedal face, or easily broken cleats.
However I just tried Speedplays and love them. The free float in all directions is far preferable to the iCli self reentering especially to my trashed left knee.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I'm the opposite, for myself the Time's have more platform stability & more than enough float...Speedplay cleats are awful IMO...

pariahdecss

by pariahdecss

Well - As I had noted I have the iClic2 Carbons and the "wear plates" that they added had fallen off on one side of my right hand pedal. I sent them back under warranty and they were actually pretty quick to replace them BUT now the wear plate on the 2nd pair of pedals has already come loose #@$#!

I had maybe 1,000 miles on the 1st set and less than 200 miles on the 2nd set before the plate failed !! - - and I actually like these pedals otherwise - frustrating

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Bummer!

I was going to get a set of iClic 2 Racers for my training bike but instead might get my RXS's serviced if I still can or god forbid possibly get some Dura-Ace...

dynaserve

by dynaserve

My Iclic2 Titan right pedal has almost completely seized after around 200 miles. I'm sending them back since you are not supposed to strip yourself. Anyone else had this?

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

I had the iclic 1 when they first cameout , liked them but didn't love them.
Went to LOOK Ti blades , love them until now they squeek non stop and have play in the spindle and the body.

So what next for me? 2006 RXS Ulteam titanium i guess
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

A friend of mine had the top section of his low end Time Iclic pedal broke off at the start of a competition weekend. At first he thought his cleats were worn, but after closer inspection a part of the pedal has simply broken off. Despite the broken pedal, he still beat me.

Don't you just love those new Time pedals :? . Love the RXS by the way!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

SWijland wrote:... a part of the pedal has simply broken off. Despite the broken pedal, he still beat me.
Did he waste you in the climbs? If so, it was probably the weight savings from the broken off part. :beerchug:

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

He beat me in the sprint, so that really got me doubting myself :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com