Cannondale MKV or Stronglight CT2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

munk93

by munk93

I need a new crankset for my bike, and I decided to use the Rotor 3D crankarms. Yes the graphics look like some spidermans***. But I will certainly paint them all black. But I don´t like the Q-rings. Again they look horrible. So I thought of the Cannondale MKV, and the Stronglight CT2. I heart that the cannondale should be very stiff, but people had a few problems with the shifting. I don´t know anything about the Stronglight. What would be the best choice, and is it even possible to get the MKV rings without buying the expensive Hollowgram arms? I looked at some of the places that I usually use(CRC, Wiggle, Cyclestore, Bike-discount, Bike-palast)
Thanks in advance.
Niels Asmussen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

Consider Praxis Works if they make a set for your cranks.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

I use Stronglight with my hollowgrams. Seem excellent so far.

Shifting well with chorus 11. Used q-rings in the past. Although I likes the feel of them, the shifting was terrible in comparison.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

I am also running 11sp Campy rig with the Hollogram SI cranks and CT2 rings. Flawless.
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

micropox

by micropox

have used both Stronglight CT2 and Praxis Classic. For me Praxis shifts a lot better. Faster and smoother.

Rokkala

by Rokkala

I've used Rotor 3D+ cranks with CT2 rings and had no complaints, good shifting.

are

by are

I switched from MKV to the CT2, but then went back - for me, the shifting one the Cannondale rings is much better.

irf3

by irf3

If you do decide on the MKV I have a 50/34 set listed in the classifieds if that's what you're looking for.

munk93

by munk93

irf3 wrote:If you do decide on the MKV I have a 50/34 set listed in the classifieds if that's what you're looking for.

Sorry, but I need a 53/39 set. I live in Denmark, and 50/34 is just to small for our "Pathetic" little Hills, if it´s actually good enough to call them that. :wink:

Well I´m not convinced about one set of them yet. So I thing that I will let the topic go on for while. But thanks for the answers. :mrgreen:

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

I haven't ever used the mkv's, but I have used the CT2's. Very quiet, stiff and shifted well. I'd recommend them

CrossRob

by CrossRob

I've bought new Hollowgram parts from Dr Cannondale in Germany before.

See http://www.cannondale-parts.de/epages/6 ... 318&Page=5 for chainrings.

giantdale

by giantdale

MkV and CT2 are worlds apart weight wise!

bally81

by bally81

Guys, what chain ring bolts do you recommend for the CT2 ?
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

r_mutt

by r_mutt

micropox wrote:have used both Stronglight CT2 and Praxis Classic. For me Praxis shifts a lot better. Faster and smoother.

i wish i could say the same, but thus far, i've tried 2 pairs of Praxis classic chainsets on a Quarq Riken, and the shifting is so-so. for some reason, when going from the 39 top the 53, it gets stuck on the 39 and won't change up. very odd. Praxis was very good in getting me a new set to try out, but i've been having the same issues- maybe just a little less than before, but it's still a stubborn change.

bally81

by bally81

Spinnekop wrote:I am also running 11sp Campy rig with the Hollogram SI cranks and CT2 rings. Flawless.

Folks, I wonder if someone of you can help me..

I am having difficulties in finding the right chain ring bolts for my Si spider and the CT2 rings.
I have the same setup as Spinnekop, 135mm campy spider and CT2 rings. The communication with Dr. Cannondale is, let say it that way, not working well so I am asking you guys.

I have tried "normal" chain ring bolts, they do fit perfectly on the CT2 but does not fit with the ring holes, they seem to be a mm or so too small.

Thanks for your inputs

:beerchug:
Caad 10
Bianchi EV3
Canyon Speedmax AL

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com