pc7 like mount for Garmin 500?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Juggler

by Juggler

RaceWareDirect wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
RaceWareDirect wrote:does it have the same quarter turn fixing as the 200/500/800 models?
Yes and no. The Forerunner series are typically worn on the wrist and like the Forerunner 305, Garmin offers a 'quick release' kit for the 910XT whcih uses the same quarter turn fixing as the Edge 200/500/800 models except that for some reason, Garmin molded the mounting tabs with a 90-degree offset from the Edge models.

Is this the orientation that you would need?

Since this apparently is just blowing in the wind, I will pick it up.

I am also looking for a mount for my 910XT.

You are right about the orientation... and I would love one made especially for my setup. I am running a 3T Ergonova on a 3T Arx stem. As for most of the other guys here, I need the upper surface of the display to flush with the upper surface of the stem... and need the watch to be as close to the stem plate as possible. I am not going to use it for a 500 or 800... so no need for any extra space.

Can you fix that for me?

Best regards
Henrik
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Juggler wrote:
RaceWareDirect wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
RaceWareDirect wrote:does it have the same quarter turn fixing as the 200/500/800 models?
Yes and no. The Forerunner series are typically worn on the wrist and like the Forerunner 305, Garmin offers a 'quick release' kit for the 910XT whcih uses the same quarter turn fixing as the Edge 200/500/800 models except that for some reason, Garmin molded the mounting tabs with a 90-degree offset from the Edge models.

Is this the orientation that you would need?

Since this apparently is just blowing in the wind, I will pick it up.

I am also looking for a mount for my 910XT.

You are right about the orientation... and I would love one made especially for my setup. I am running a 3T Ergonova on a 3T Arx stem. As for most of the other guys here, I need the upper surface of the display to flush with the upper surface of the stem... and need the watch to be as close to the stem plate as possible. I am not going to use it for a 500 or 800... so no need for any extra space.

Hi Henrik,

I can indeed help, I have made a few of these now with the 1/4 turn offset by 90 degrees to work with the 910XT with quick release mount. If you would like more information then drop me an email at sales@racewaredirect.co.uk

Martyn

Can you fix that for me?

Best regards
Henrik
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Juggler

by Juggler

Thanks... PM sent.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

scico

by scico

Arrived mine rwd today

DesignCycles

by DesignCycles

Mike V wrote:On the bay.

Greetings everyone. I noticed another forum member posted an image of the Fliploc mount for the Garmin Edge 500/200 so I thought I would elaborate and answer any questions people might have. I am the creator of these mounts and have been selling them direct and locally in the southeastern US for some time. We've been extremely pleased with their performance and decided to make them available to a wider audience.

There are two versions for this mount. The FlipLoc STD - 31.8mm will fit standard handlebars and the FlipLoc Aero - 22.2mm will attach to aerobars. Both mounts are reversible (mounting geometry is on both sides) which is something that has become very popular with triathletes since it increased the possible mounting locations that is often competing with things like a water bottle. They both have a compact and sturdy design that keeps the face of the Garmin low (flush with the stem) and close to the bars. They also feature a concealed nut for a more streamline look and stainless steel hardware.

We have plenty of images and additional information on our site as well as a way to purchase them directly for $35 with free shipping.
http://www.designcycles.net

Look for more development in the near future, we will have color options other than black and a version that works with the Garmin 310XT.

pyf

by pyf

DesignCycles,

Thanks for chiming in.

The fact that there is only one bolt makes me wonder --> Is the mount flexible enough to be installed without removing shifters, tape, etc. and be installed and removed as many times as we wish ?

For triathletes the 310XT / 910XT orientation in a 22.2mm diameter will be must, when it's available I'll definitely order some of your mounts for both my road bike (with Garmin 500) and TT bike (with 910XT).

DesignCycles

by DesignCycles

pyf wrote:DesignCycles,

Thanks for chiming in.

The fact that there is only one bolt makes me wonder --> Is the mount flexible enough to be installed without removing shifters, tape, etc. and be installed and removed as many times as we wish ?

For triathletes the 310XT / 910XT orientation in a 22.2mm diameter will be must, when it's available I'll definitely order some of your mounts for both my road bike (with Garmin 500) and TT bike (with 910XT).

The band around the handlebar/aerobar is flexible enough that it can be spread open and over the bars. Thus, there is no need to remove shifters or tape. I'll keep you posted on the 310XT/910XTX.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

DesignCycles -
Can you provide the specs for the Steel Bolt & Nut? (what size/thread)
I'm wondering if there are aluminum alternatives.

Thanks.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

Any plans on a Garmon 205-705 mount?

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Ramjm_2000 wrote:Any plans on a Garmon 205-705 mount?

Yes, I am currently working on an adapter for 205-705 which will then mean you can use any of the new style 1/4 turn garmin mounts.
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

pyf wrote:DesignCycles,

Thanks for chiming in.

Our road mounts for 310 and 910XT are now ready and will be available to buy online this week and the TT mounts should ready next week, exactly the same as the 500 mounts but with the tabs at 90 degree offset.

Martyn
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

Ramjm_2000

by Ramjm_2000

RaceWareDirect wrote:
Ramjm_2000 wrote:Any plans on a Garmon 205-705 mount?

Yes, I am currently working on an adapter for 205-705 which will then mean you can use any of the new style 1/4 turn garmin mounts.

Sounds great!

ms6073

by ms6073

RaceWareDirect wrote:Our road mounts for 310 and 910XT are now ready and will be available to buy online this week

Martyn, any news/results from testing the prototype mount for integrated handlebars?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

ms6073 wrote:
RaceWareDirect wrote:Our road mounts for 310 and 910XT are now ready and will be available to buy online this week

Martyn, any news/results from testing the prototype mount for integrated handlebars?

Hi Michael,

So the firs design has had a few weeks of testing and it appears to be nearly there. It works and holds the Garmin in a good position but it does flex a little on really rough roads. If you fancy trying one I am happy to let you have on at cost price but I am not making them commercially available just yet. I hope to have a Titanium version ready in about two week which will be a little more expensive but will sort the issue of stiffness.

Martyn
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

ms6073

by ms6073

RaceWareDirect wrote:I hope to have a Titanium version ready in about two week which will be a little more expensive but will sort the issue of stiffness.

Martyn, most of the roads on which I ride are relatively nice but some not so much and since I need this mount for both road and cyclocross bikes, probably best that I wait on the Titanium version.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com