pc7 like mount for Garmin 500?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

drmutley wrote:Here's some pics of my setup...
RWD mount looks good... Nice n stiff, and my lights mount sits nicely under it... Looks compact n tidy...

Thanks for posting up the pics of our 800 mount, it looks good on your bike. This is the latest design which includes several changes that had been requested by you guys on WW. We had a few issues with some of the early mounts being loose or in a few cases failing where the nut and bolt go through the clamp. This was far from ideal hence the redesign to the new model that you seen in the pictures above. I now have a small amount of stock for both 500 and 800 oversize models, mostly Left Hand mount as again this was requested so you can run di2 remote or other bits of kit on the right side of the stem. Thanks again for all your help and support with this project. We have also produced a limited number of yellow tour de france edition 500 mounts, pictures to follow soon.
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

We have produced a limited edition yellow model to celebrate the tour, drop me a pm if you are interested.
Attachments
Garmin 500 OS Yellow ltd TDF Edition
Garmin 500 OS Yellow ltd TDF Edition
IMG-20120706-00287.jpg
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

civdic

by civdic

I received my k-edge mount last night. I like it more than the barfly I have. k-edge has a more solid feel clipping the garmin in and the fore/aft adjustability is great and the computer sits lower.

GeeTee

by GeeTee

Great, Martyn. I hope I'm one of those that have preordered?!

How do I get the required monies to you?

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Here is my fully adjustable mount I made based on a tip from slowtwitch. It was only $20 and I used a small bolt and nut I had laying around. The mount is extremely secure and doesn't move at all. On the left is the mount for my lezyne superdrive.

All you need is the Bontrager node adjustable mount that can be bought from any Trek dealer http://bontrager.com/model/11322. Then you just flip the mounting piece that has the screw. Then place the screw through the center of the garmin mount. I then drilled a small hole a few mm below the center screw and used a small bolt and nut to prevent the mount from twisting. Doesn't move and is perfect. The edge mounts wouldn't work for me since the 310XT qr kit has the mounting tabs rotated 45*

eric

by eric

Nice! How much does it weigh?

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

eric wrote:Nice! How much does it weigh?

23g just put it on a scale. Not bad for $20 considering I had no other options this good for the 310xt (I use it for standup paddle board racing too as it's more water resistant). The mount is very secure as it's made of aluminum and not plastic (besides the garmin part).

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Love your work :beerchug:

Is there enough clearance between the mount and the bar to twist in an Edge 800?

DuncanS

by DuncanS

RWD mount looks good... Nice n stiff, and my lights mount sits nicely under it... Looks compact n tidy...

Dr Mutley, talk to me about your au-up mount? The standard mount, both ugly and non-removable, has always bothered me.

TheDoc

by TheDoc

I've been using my k-edge mount for the past few days and am loving it. Solid construction and plenty of adjustments.

My mount was so tight that I thought i was going to snap the plastic tabs. It's much easier now after a few days of on/off the bike. Nevertheless I would still install the computer slowly...

drmutley

by drmutley

DuncanS wrote:

Dr Mutley, talk to me about your au-up mount? The standard mount, both ugly and non-removable, has always bothered me.

DS:
I just modded an ayup helmet mount... Dremel'ed 2 holes in it to fit in the stems bar clamp, and use one cable tie to secure it to the stem... Without the lightset attached its barely noticeable...

Here's some pics of the modded helmet mount... Took 5 mins to fashion up...

Link to original ayup mount:
http://www.ayup-lights.com/products/27/

Last edited by drmutley on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Gearjunkie wrote:Love your work :beerchug:

Is there enough clearance between the mount and the bar to twist in an Edge 800?

I'm not sure. I've never seen an 800 in person. If you can measure from the center of the quick release mount to the lower edge I can see if it would fit.

DuncanS

by DuncanS

drmutley wrote:
DuncanS wrote:

DS:
I just modded an ayup helmet mount... Dremel'ed 2 holes in it to fit in the stems bar clamp, and use one cable tie to secure it to the stem... Without the lightset attached its barely noticeable...

Here's some pics of the modded helmet mount... Took 5 mins to fashion up...

Hmm, I just "fashioned" my helmet mount for my wife's tri clip-ons. I wonder if I have another lying around..

shinobiph

by shinobiph

new here. hi.

anyone know if there are any similar options available for the Polar CS500?

it's quite big (although i'm not sure of dimensions as compared to the 500)

i have the control tech taxxi and fsa control center on order, but they won't arrive for a while...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

astranoc

by astranoc

My RaceWareDirect mount just arrived. Feels very good quality and very sturdy. Few pics

9grams more than the original mount but it's a good price to pay for functionality.

You need 4 times the amount of strength in contrast with the original mount to secure it but it feels very safe. All in all i am very happy, I wouldn't mind if it was a couple of centimeters shorter.