pc7 like mount for Garmin 500?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kneedragon

by Kneedragon

Received two 500 right-hand mounts from RaceWareDirect and I'm very satisfied.

Weight - 13 grams with rubber insert
Height - Sits lower than the Barfly. Face of Garmin is level with the top face of the stem.
Centering - It is centered with my 3T ARX Team stem, but anything wider would mean that it would be off-center to the right.
Stability - It is the ribbed version, so no issues with vibration, and the rubber insert keeps it from slipping.
Mount - Garmin fits tightly into the mount, and with a click once turned.
Shipping - Took 9 business days to Canada.

drmutley

by drmutley

Kneedragon wrote:Received two 500 right-hand mounts from RaceWareDirect and I'm very satisfied.

Height - Sits lower than the Barfly. Face of Garmin is level with the top face of the stem.
Centering - It is centered with my 3T ARX Team stem, but anything wider would mean that it would be off-center to the right.
Stability - It is the ribbed version, so no issues with vibration, and the rubber insert keeps it from slipping.

Sounds great... Can't wait for mine to arrive...
Will be good to compare to the k-edge when they come out

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

astranoc

by astranoc

The 800 mounts are out of stock on the site. RaceWareDirect do you know when you ll be getting more stock?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Kneedragon wrote:Received two 500 right-hand mounts from RaceWareDirect and I'm very satisfied.

Great summary Kneedragon. I'm very happy with the positioning of my Barfly, but as I mentioned earlier, there is no positive "click" feel when it is in place. Just a mushy "close enough". I've had no issues with it other than that. Sounds like the Raceware version might be better in that regard. I use it with a 3t ARX Team stem as well. Nicely centered, looks good.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

preludervtec

by preludervtec

Received my RaceWareDirect mount earlier this week. This is the slightly wider mount. Below are photos of the mount along with my Edge 500 mounted. I tried getting photos of the most relevant angles. In the photos, my 500 is slightly off-center. I fixed this before going on my first ride. The mount is extremely easy to setup, just remember to use the included rubber shim. My Ritchey handlebar tapers towards the ends from the center and the mount didn't have any issues clamping down at all. The mount is made out of some sort of lightweight plastic but is still solid. While locking the Garmin into place, there is that positive click feeling. It's not as positive as the stock mount, which makes me a little worried about how the mount will hold up in the long run. So far I have 2 rides using the mount and not once has it moved. I love the position of the mount as it makes it ALOT easier to see while riding. I will report back again after I get a few more rides in. Feel free to ask me any questions or if you want more specific photos. Big thanks to Martyn from RaceWareDirect for shipping out the item extremely quickly and answering all my questions. I received my mount within a week in the US.

roseyscot

by roseyscot

Do any of these mounts allow you to connect to the mini USB port while the 500 is in the mount? I want to connect an external battery to my 500 for an upcoming 24 hour ride but need to mount it off the stem to do so.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

preludervtec wrote:Feel free to ask me any questions or if you want more specific photos.

This is Weight Weenies and you didn't even weigh it.
Wut? :noidea:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

Now if we can only get stock..... :lol: :noidea: :noidea:
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

drmutley

by drmutley

roseyscot wrote:Do any of these mounts allow you to connect to the mini USB port while the 500 is in the mount? I want to connect an external battery to my 500 for an upcoming 24 hour ride but need to mount it off the stem to do so.

Wouldn't be hard to dremel a port into the mount..

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

drmutley wrote:
roseyscot wrote:Do any of these mounts allow you to connect to the mini USB port while the 500 is in the mount? I want to connect an external battery to my 500 for an upcoming 24 hour ride but need to mount it off the stem to do so.

Wouldn't be hard to dremel a port into the mount..

The mini usb wont quite fit with the 500 in position but if you are looking to use the 500 for data logging if you fit the head at 180 degrees then the plug fits fine :)
2011 Track Masters World Champion
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized Tarmac SL5 Di2
Specialized epic comp

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Thanks for all your feedback on our mounts and also the patience you have shown during the time out of stock. Our product was not perfect and we had a few complaints about loose mount for the head and also a couple of broken mounts due to the clamp design. Due to these issues some design work has been carried out to rectify the problems, the mounts still remain very light, around 10 grams for the 500 road mount, but have much stiffer locking tabs, a threaded brass insert and a thicker mounting arm. Please see some low res pictures of the first new style mounts below. We have a reasonable number of back orders to get through but once we are back on top of this stock will be available again to buy from the website. The range has also grown a little with left hand mounts for people running di2 remote, oval tt mounts for pro evo bars, wide versions for people running oversize fat stems such as the time and the cav edition. I hope that these new versions will be of use to you and look forward to getting some more mounts out into the real world.

Martyn
Attachments
New 800 mount side view
New 800 mount side view
new 800 mount bottom view
new 800 mount bottom view
New 500 mount with head unit
New 500 mount with head unit
New 500 mount side view
New 500 mount side view
New 500 mount bottom view
New 500 mount bottom view
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

Spinnekop wrote:Now if we can only get stock..... :lol: :noidea: :noidea:

Stock will be back very soon, if you want to get onto the back orders list then feel free to drop me a pm with your order requirements and I will gladly add you to the list.
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

RaceWareDirect wrote:
Spinnekop wrote:Now if we can only get stock..... :lol: :noidea: :noidea:

Stock will be back very soon, if you want to get onto the back orders list then feel free to drop me a pm with your order requirements and I will gladly add you to the list.

Done. Thank you! :wink:
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

danridesbikes

by danridesbikes

is there anything out there that mounts teh 910xt in the same position?

the barfly mounts it at 90 degrees

RaceWareDirect
in the industry

by RaceWareDirect

does it have the same quarter turn fixing as the 200/500/800 models? If so then I should be able to sort a mount for you without too much trouble.

Martyn
Cervelo T3
Colnago CX-1
S works shiv
Specialized epic comp

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com