Tune Saddle opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cnbky

by cnbky

ur rite, its gotta be perfect - id return it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tom-s

by Tom-s

I've ran Tune Speedneedle's for a few year now and absolutely loved them. They were a perfect fit for me.
Well near perfect. I needed more width than the standard speedneedle and less than the marathon for best comfort.
For that Smud carbon came with the perfect solution as seen on my review on this site.

Rippin

by Rippin

I'd return it just because of the sloppy decal application and clear coat.
The rises in the clear coat where the decals were not applied smoothly looks like it might catch or rapidly wear down your cycling shorts.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

astranoc

by astranoc

Thanks, I think I ll return it. What about the width between the rails, is it normal for Tune saddles to wider or I 've got a "weird" one?

billspreston

by billspreston

I've found the Tune rails to be a little wider than most. It depends more on the cradle, however, in my opinion as some are much more accommodating than others.

For the price, the finish and actual weight on that saddle is borderline appalling, I would send it back for sure.

cerro

by cerro

astranoc: Mine was 85g. Hopefully I can try it this weekend. Seems like it will be road premier this year :D

astranoc

by astranoc

Thanks cerro, I would be ok with the weight if it wasn't for the bad finish.

billspreston wrote:I've found the Tune rails to be a little wider than most. It depends more on the cradle, however, in my opinion as some are much more accommodating than others.

For the price, the finish and actual weight on that saddle is borderline appalling, I would send it back for sure.

I contacted the shop to send it back. Unfortunately it's not just the cradle that's not sitting properly, but also the yokes so I am in the market for a new seatpost.

Has anyone tried the saddle with the New Ultimate post? Price/weight is good for it. It's this one: http://r2-bike.com/New-Ultimate-Carbon-Sattelstuetze_1

Tom-s

by Tom-s

For that price have a look at the smud carbon post.
Same price, better cradle and yokes (for carbon rails that is, more contact area) and over 30g lighter.

I also found some speedneedle's to have a little bit wider rails but not that much as your picture shows.

billspreston

by billspreston

I've run a Kom Vor on a New Ultimate Evo post with no issues. BUT, I replaced the horrible stock cradle with a much more supportive one from MCFK and replaced the yokes with POP yokes. I think smud may make such a cradle as well (for cheaper).

astranoc

by astranoc

Cheers guys, the smud seatpost looks great for the money. I hope it doesn't take too long to deliver though.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

I put my Komm Vor + on the scale, but for the life of me can't remember what it was. I'm pretty sure it was not 90g or more, because that I'd remember.

Optically it's not perfect, but I figured optics are less a function of price, but more one of how hard they try to make a light product, not sure if that's actually true or not. Also, I'm usually a bit sceptical of extreme close up shots of bike parts. On the one hand, we're obsessed by them and want them to be perfect, on the other hand, there is no such thing as perfect and when do you look at your own or even someone elses stuff from 10 cm away?

That being said, maybe yours doesn't look great even at a normal distance, I wouldn't know. Mine's perfectly acceptable, IME.

The rails do appear wide at first. They did on my Komm Vor and they do on my Komm Vor +, but they fit in the groves of a New Ultimate seatpost very nicely once I applied 2NM of torque and pushed them together with my fingers a little bit.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

What about the Tune Concorde? It's not still in production is it? How does it compare to the other Tune saddles and the Smud?

cerro

by cerro

Tune doesn't produce the Concorde anymore. Sad but true. Tried mine Kom-Vor+ today for a short ride, seems nice. Will try it for a long ride tomorrow :D

marcob

by marcob

Mine Kom Vor + is 82 gram. Really nice sadle, very comfortable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

Tried for almost 5h today. The Kom-Vor+ is really nice