Which stem?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

I'm looking for a new ahead stem for oversized bars, it needs to be 130mm by 5 or 6 degree, I've narrowed it down to Ritchey WCS 260 or Zipp Service Course SL, both 6 degree. Anyone have experience of either stem or have an alternative choice to throw into the mx? Its to go on a Ti frame and although I'd like to try a Ti stem, I don't want to spend out on something like the Moots stem.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SlipperyT

by SlipperyT

Ritchey w a very slight advantage.

Getter

by Getter

Ritchey stem is lighter...but your going to have to pull your bartape to install it.

Moots makes a nice Ti stem.

I would personally find a stem that is close to the tubing size of the frame. A frame with thin tubing...then you all a thick stem. Kind of throws the flow of the bike off for me.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I think you will love the Spin Monolithic titanium stem. It is waaaay cheaper than a Moots or Seven stem and the quality is really nice.

The stem is made in China, so you can also find it with a better looking faceplate without the Spin logo on it for even less money. I got mine polished and had a hole cut out of the faceplate.

http://www.spincycleworks.com/servlet/the-47/titanium,-stem,-beautiful-stem,/Detail