Which stem?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

I'm looking for a new ahead stem for oversized bars, it needs to be 130mm by 5 or 6 degree, I've narrowed it down to Ritchey WCS 260 or Zipp Service Course SL, both 6 degree. Anyone have experience of either stem or have an alternative choice to throw into the mx? Its to go on a Ti frame and although I'd like to try a Ti stem, I don't want to spend out on something like the Moots stem.
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

SlipperyT

by SlipperyT

Ritchey w a very slight advantage.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

Ritchey stem is lighter...but your going to have to pull your bartape to install it.

Moots makes a nice Ti stem.

I would personally find a stem that is close to the tubing size of the frame. A frame with thin tubing...then you all a thick stem. Kind of throws the flow of the bike off for me.

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

I think you will love the Spin Monolithic titanium stem. It is waaaay cheaper than a Moots or Seven stem and the quality is really nice.

The stem is made in China, so you can also find it with a better looking faceplate without the Spin logo on it for even less money. I got mine polished and had a hole cut out of the faceplate.

http://www.spincycleworks.com/servlet/the-47/titanium,-stem,-beautiful-stem,/Detail