HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ciamillo delivery
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:07 am 

Set-backs are inevitable and understandable, but not relaying that information to your customers, and leaving them in the dark, is not acceptable. Never.
Even worse, it takes public out-cry (on forums like this) to have any movement on the issue(s). Life is too short, my time is too valuable, and my MONEY is hard-earned. Take those things away from me, unjustly, and you'll never get my business.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 am 

can people who paid with credit cards get their money back from credit card companies and have them go after zero gravity for your money? i know i have done that with american express (not with ted), they are great at this and have always gotten my money back.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 am 

I paid for mine with PayPal but it is way past their 45 day cool down period to lodge a grievance.

Yeah I think it is just the communication that I feel really let down on. I would have been more than happy to wait if there was some delay or even been pointed in the direction of an alternative source, they still get the sale at the end of the day.

Anyway we will see what the next few weeks bring. A nice shiny package, or more disappointment...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 pm 

I paid through paypal per their request. I was strung out through many empty, heart felt, honest sounding promises that the money was definitely going out that day. "I don't know what happened, I was sure the check went out thet last time". Until, the paypal time requirment expired. In addition, my problem is not receiving my refund for returned, new parts. Paypal does not cover that particular problem.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm 

People that send in their brakes for a overhaul don't pay anything until their brakes are delivered. The being delivered part is the holdup. :wink: At this point, I am not going to pay for a overhaul...I've moved on. If he's going out of business, I guess there is no reason to get the broken ones back because who will fix them?!?!? Expensive paper weight? :evil:

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:18 pm 

sorry to hear about those that paid with paypal, your at the end of the line. unless if you used a credit card to pay with paypal, even if i pay with paypal i still use a credit card, because you still have a way to fight back.

gum sorry to hear about it, you lucked out with rue - though you still have a chance with ted, juanmoretime said he will post something on the forum soon. lets see what he says.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:10 pm 

Yeah, you do have protection if you've paid by credit card, among other reasons if the goods you have paid for don't turn up then the credit card company will refund. However, there is a time limit, I believe, which might be about 120 days.

I would imagine that if enough payments were refunded the credit company would probably remove the service from the vendor. This would likely cause damage to their business but hey hoe...

Ted's been quite good at stringing his customers along, so many transactions may have expired this time limit but the credit card company may be sympathetic.

Having said all that I bought mine using a VISA card but I still want these brakes - I still believe Ted is having genuine problems that are proving difficult to get on top of, even given the earlier post on this thread from Ted, "lets get your out today" - but you need to email me first of course!!

I don't' think Ted is helping himself by continuing to accept orders though...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 am 

Anyone want to buy two as new Ciamillo brake sets...LOL... :waving:

"I enjoy climbing...I enjoy seeing people disappear behind me." - Robert Millar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:39 am 

Everyone relax. Posts please remain on the topic of Ciamillo delivery. Thanks. Pete

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 pm 
Administrator

I mentioned to everyone here that I had heard from Ted this past Monday but what I didn't mention was that I was waiting for something too. Ciamillo is not going out of business and I understand now that things are back up to Ted's standards it will be full steam ahead getting caught back up. Here are some shots I did in my office of my brakes that just came yesterday! Thanks Ted! :smartass:

BTW. These are 20 grams lighter than my Gravitas that will eventually work their way to my tt bike.

Pile of Ciamillo:

Yes, those are Shimano pads as the Gravitas do not come with pads and that is great by me since I prefer SwissStop green pads anyway.

-First one over the cliff wins!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm 

They look nice. I wish mine didn't just vanish into thin air

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 pm 

Thats great for you. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that he has given too many false promises, unanswered emails, etc.. I am quite convinced I will not get my money any time soon, if ever. Like I promised in a post a few months ago. If I ever get the money he owes me I will let everyone on WW know. Unitil then I am still looking for new avenues to get my money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:27 pm 

Hassles and long wait times aside those are the finest looking brakes I've ever seen :thumbup: Hopefully everything gets straightened out and everybody gets what they're waiting for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

bricky21 wrote:
Hassles and long wait times aside those are the finest looking brakes I've ever seen :thumbup: Hopefully everything gets straightened out and everybody gets what they're waiting for.

I would hardly call what others and I are going through as a "hassle" or "long wait time"!

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:23 pm 

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend or marginalize the struggles others have had with Ciamillo, so I'll try again. Regardless of whatever has or will happen with Ciamillo that is the finest looking pair of brakes I've ever seen.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next