Ciamillo delivery - Gravitas SL pictures added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

slyrider

by slyrider

outhouse wrote:Would ask if Mark, Jeff and Ian received their goods.

I know for sure that John was never sent any brakes - they haven't even been made yet!!

I've requested a couple of times to be sent through tracking information. This is the only independent evidence that I'm aware of that can provide an assurance that the goods have been despatched and are on their way.

The address that I've provided is a PO Box, so I'm assuming that the carrier will be USPS as a result. Most international categories that USPS work with include a tracking number that provides varying levels of waypoint detail. I've asked for the shipment to be expedited.

I've not yet received a reply that includes tracking data, so at this stage I'm doing these ones ... :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

outhouse

by outhouse

stephen@fibre-lyte wrote:
outhouse wrote:I know for sure that John was never sent any brakes - they haven't even been made yet!!

How do you know that they haven't even been made yet?

Ted sent an email stating that he'd checked some tracking info and couldn't find the brakes so he'd have to make some more.

All well and good but on the mumerous occassions Ted was asked about the brakes why didn't Ted ever mention having shipped them?

In the UK we have the Office of Fair Trading that consumers contact in cases where businesses don't play by the rules and they go in and get legal, is there a similar regulatory body in the the US?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I'm holding onto hope that they'll show. I have no reason to believe they won't.

slyrider

by slyrider

slyrider wrote:
outhouse wrote:Would ask if Mark, Jeff and Ian received their goods.

I know for sure that John was never sent any brakes - they haven't even been made yet!!

I've requested a couple of times to be sent through tracking information. This is the only independent evidence that I'm aware of that can provide an assurance that the goods have been despatched and are on their way.

The address that I've provided is a PO Box, so I'm assuming that the carrier will be USPS as a result. Most international categories that USPS work with include a tracking number that provides varying levels of waypoint detail. I've asked for the shipment to be expedited.

I've not yet received a reply that includes tracking data, so at this stage I'm doing these ones ... :noidea:

Tracking data received. Thanks Ted.

The package took 5 days to get from Georgia to Miami. Normally the USPS is better than that. No matter it's on its way. That's what matters ... :beerchug:

outhouse

by outhouse

Delivery still in Georgia but tracking information finally received.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I got mine today. Just my luck though...they are red. :( Everything including hardware weighs 167g.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

gumgardner wrote:I got mine today. Just my luck though...they are red. :( Everything including hardware weighs 167g.

Hahaha.....guess you'll have to add a few red parts to "tie everything together"!! :noidea: :smartass:

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I have a friend that I'll probably give them to.

bricky21

by bricky21

No don't do that to your friend. Those brakes are cursed :twisted: Maybe thats what screwed everything up at Ciamillo. How long have you been dealing with these same brakes? Aren't they the ones you bought from STW that were broken? Did someone ever ban that guy?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Yes I've been dealing with these brakes for a long time. Lol and Yes they were bought from a forum member. They were broken. This set is brand new. Unfortunately they are red though. Not the color I was hoping for.

Getter

by Getter

Picked up my GSL's today. Good thing I have a Ciamillo dealer 15 minutes away!

He's got plenty in stock!

outhouse

by outhouse

Brakes (Zero Ti Custom) finally turned up (thank you Ted) and they look brilliant - no compensation here I got what I ordered but in the end that's all I wanted.

Weight
Calipers 134g
Shoes and holders 58g
All in 193g

PS US Postal is faster than Lance, brilliant service...

So all's well that ends well, well yes but it has been a frustrating time that's taken some of the gloss of the purchase and without assistance would I still be waiting, who knows...

strayduck

by strayduck

Even though Ted is a pleasant, accommodating guy (he never seemed annoyed that it was "me again" on the phone), I feel I am doing both the cycling community and him a disservice by not adding to this post.

I had a set of Negative Gs whos springs went limp after two years so I reached out to Ciamillo via email in October 2011 to see what options I had for service.

After not hearing back after a couple of email follow-ups I just took the brakes to my LBS in December 2011 to have them deal with the communication with Ciamillo. LBS warned me that this service could take a while so I planned to be without them for the winter. No problem, I thought--5 months should be plenty of time to swap some springs out.

No word for a month so I called LBS in February 2012. They said they'd follow up.

No word for another month so I called LBS in March. They haven't heard so I took the baton back and started emailing and calling Ciamillo since the weather was starting to thaw out.

Most of March was me dealing with Ted's full voicemail box. Finally got through and learned about a new spring manufacturer in Chicago which provides the right tensile strength (these new springs are supposed to be "lifetime" springs), broken down machinery, staff turnover.

Ted offered a set of GSL's for ~the price of the tune up. I said yes not just to get the upgrade, but I figured he already had some on hand and that this would expedite getting them mailed to me. The only special note was that I wanted my brand new all-condition salmon pads transferred from my old set to the new ones. I paid online that day.

Two weeks later (mid April) no tracking # and nothing had shown. Ted called to see if I had received them. I had not. He does not remember a set going out with salmon pads so someone screwed up. Offered two sets of black kool stops. Fine.

Another week later and still no tracking #. Called and it appears that my box (and a handful of others) failed to ship and were still lying around the shop!

April 24: Box arrives at the wrong address, but luckily it's my PO box so I eventually get it. There is a lock ring missing from one of the calipers. Call Ciamillo.

April 28: Amazingly, Ted turned around a ziplock bag with a lock ring and QR within a few days. I installed it and everything is as it should be.

I wish I had made this story up but it is true. What should have been probably a two week process including shipping both ways took 6 months and nearly 20 phone calls and a half dozen emails.

While I LOVE the weight savings and slightly prefer the Negative G modulation to DA if these ever need servicing again I am tossing them in the bin and checking out the eebrake. Life's too short to spend it chasing around hopelessly disorganized uncommunicative people.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Maybe Ted needs a good Operations Manager and an Office Manager who will attend to whatever details are needed for a smoothly functioning operation, with efficient and effective customer interface and service. Were these positions among those which "turnedover" and for whom replacements are not yet in place?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aeroslave

by aeroslave

at this day and age this should be intolerable. there are so many lightweight options with better service.
"Light bike? Its still about the engine!".