Ciamillo delivery - Gravitas SL pictures added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

can people who paid with credit cards get their money back from credit card companies and have them go after zero gravity for your money? i know i have done that with american express (not with ted), they are great at this and have always gotten my money back.

rouleur01
in the industry

by rouleur01

I paid for mine with PayPal but it is way past their 45 day cool down period to lodge a grievance.

Yeah I think it is just the communication that I feel really let down on. I would have been more than happy to wait if there was some delay or even been pointed in the direction of an alternative source, they still get the sale at the end of the day.

Anyway we will see what the next few weeks bring. A nice shiny package, or more disappointment...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I paid through paypal per their request. I was strung out through many empty, heart felt, honest sounding promises that the money was definitely going out that day. "I don't know what happened, I was sure the check went out thet last time". Until, the paypal time requirment expired. In addition, my problem is not receiving my refund for returned, new parts. Paypal does not cover that particular problem.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

People that send in their brakes for a overhaul don't pay anything until their brakes are delivered. The being delivered part is the holdup. :wink: At this point, I am not going to pay for a overhaul...I've moved on. If he's going out of business, I guess there is no reason to get the broken ones back because who will fix them?!?!? Expensive paper weight? :evil:

spytech

by spytech

sorry to hear about those that paid with paypal, your at the end of the line. unless if you used a credit card to pay with paypal, even if i pay with paypal i still use a credit card, because you still have a way to fight back.

gum sorry to hear about it, you lucked out with rue - though you still have a chance with ted, juanmoretime said he will post something on the forum soon. lets see what he says.

outhouse

by outhouse

Yeah, you do have protection if you've paid by credit card, among other reasons if the goods you have paid for don't turn up then the credit card company will refund. However, there is a time limit, I believe, which might be about 120 days.

I would imagine that if enough payments were refunded the credit company would probably remove the service from the vendor. This would likely cause damage to their business but hey hoe...

Ted's been quite good at stringing his customers along, so many transactions may have expired this time limit but the credit card company may be sympathetic.

Having said all that I bought mine using a VISA card but I still want these brakes - I still believe Ted is having genuine problems that are proving difficult to get on top of, even given the earlier post on this thread from Ted, "lets get your out today" - but you need to email me first of course!!

I don't' think Ted is helping himself by continuing to accept orders though...

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Anyone want to buy two as new Ciamillo brake sets...LOL... :waving:

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Everyone relax. Posts please remain on the topic of Ciamillo delivery. Thanks. Pete
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

They look nice. I wish mine didn't just vanish into thin air

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Thats great for you. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that he has given too many false promises, unanswered emails, etc.. I am quite convinced I will not get my money any time soon, if ever. Like I promised in a post a few months ago. If I ever get the money he owes me I will let everyone on WW know. Unitil then I am still looking for new avenues to get my money.

bricky21

by bricky21

Hassles and long wait times aside those are the finest looking brakes I've ever seen :thumbup: Hopefully everything gets straightened out and everybody gets what they're waiting for.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

bricky21 wrote:Hassles and long wait times aside those are the finest looking brakes I've ever seen :thumbup: Hopefully everything gets straightened out and everybody gets what they're waiting for.

I would hardly call what others and I are going through as a "hassle" or "long wait time"!

bricky21

by bricky21

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend or marginalize the struggles others have had with Ciamillo, so I'll try again. Regardless of whatever has or will happen with Ciamillo that is the finest looking pair of brakes I've ever seen.

outhouse

by outhouse

I was just about to to ask (as the thread had been read by so many) if anyone had anything good to say about the service Ciamillo was offering and then up popped a Gravitas delivery. It would be helpful if Juanmoretime could tell us when the order was placed - but understandable if Juanmoretime would rather not...

Ted is always more positive than he perhaps should be but you can't argue about an actual delivery. Its just very frustrating waiting for an order that may never arrive, asking for a refund that may never be paid, buying a replacement brakeset just to find the Ciamillos turn up...

I take it Ted's an engineer and as engineer myself I know he should have no problem producing a production schedule and giving us all an acurate delivery date on our purchases or repairs.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

bricky21 wrote:Regardless of whatever has or will happen with Ciamillo that is the finest looking pair of brakes I've ever seen.

I agree! Then I saw the price and realised why they are the finest looking pair of brakes :D

I actually really like the look of the Negative GSL's.

Sorry to take this slightly off topic, back to the topic at hand.

outhouse, I agree, but as an engineer you'll also be aware that things can go 'pear shaped' from time to time. I think the problem here is that possibly things have gone a little pear shaped but nobody has been informed why. On a personal note, I don't mind long delivery times, even mishaps, as long as there is communication. In my experience Ted is usually very good at communication so I'm a little unsure about the other posters experiences. Juan, any updates?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com