Veloflex Master 23 vs S-Works Turbo vs Michelin PRO4 Comp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Just to add in my 2¢..
I've run FMB roubaix tubulars, Michelin Pro3's, Vittoria Corsa Evo SC, Vittoria Corsa Evo CX 25's and lastly the Veloflex Master 23's. By far the best tire I've ridden to date is the Veloflex Master 700x23. They have little to no rolling resistance and the wear is far better than the Vittoria Corsa Evo line of tires. With the Vittoria you could visually see the tread wearing away. I've been running my Masters since the ATOC Blady stage and have been putting in some miles on these things. These are however the 1st set of tires where I've gotten a flat. One time I was descending and hit a pretty nice sized rock because I was pushed into the crappy cycling lane by a car. I got a nice pinch, and the other I attribute to an old tube. I run crappy tubes, so I think those take the blame. I buy the performance race light tubes. Probably no comparison to latex tubes or ultralite tubes.

With that being said. I wish I bought more Masters from biketiresdirect.com. They're sold out of the Masters, that were selling for $46/ea!
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com