HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Post subject: Looking for new BB
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:30 pm 

Hello all,

This is my first post and I'm new to cycling so please be kind. I started cycling in September and bought a Fuji Altimira 2.3c. Since then I've put on over 2000 miles and being in the hilly California bay area it feels like 1500 of them have been uphill LOL. Anywho, my crank feels really rough and notchy when I spin, I think my BB bearings are shot probably premature wear from my uneven pedal stroke (I'm working on it!) so I was looking for a replacement but it seems like there are a lot of different standards created in the past few years and my bike seems to use a combination of two making this all clear as mud for me.
Would someone be kind enough to direct me towards a bb86 that will accept a 30mm spindle? I think I'm describing that correctly. from what I've been able to gather the frame uses a BB86 but most bb86 bottom brackets have a 24mm spindle, right? but my crank is a rotor 3df which is a slightly heavier and cheaper version of the 3d+ which has a 30mm spindle. If im gonna have to buy a new bb id like to get a nicer one with an aluminum shell instead, hopefully that will reduce creaking.

Am I making this too complicated?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Looking for new BB
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:36 am 
Administrator

:welcome: Welcome to the forum. The search feature at the top right is a wonderful resource. Sometimes you need to play with the wording.

search.php?keywords=BB86+bottom+bracket&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

This should give you some to read.

Post subject: Re: Looking for new BB
Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:36 am