Di2 Battery - Icarus Lights - In business?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WeightySteve

by WeightySteve

I'd be interested in a sealed battery that goes down the seat tube, not the seatpost. Chargeable through the mechs would be an great plus to save having to fish it out, which I currently do atm. My currenty battery is as a custom 18650 type thing, as waterproof as I can make then and just about accessible for charging.

The reason is not in the seatpost? That's where my pump is :)

di2diy

by di2diy

lovmac wrote:I am a long time lurker but first time poster.

As many of you, I have been looking for a custom Di2 solution and eagerly waiting for Icarus to reappear on the scene.

Frustrated by the silence, I reached out to a rocket scientist friend of mine asking for help, and after some testing we feel pretty confident we could come up with a solution that is at least as good.

We may do a 1-time run to meet the latent demand for an easy DIY solution that does not require frame mods, or this may turn into a real product, or we may only produce a handful of units for our personal use.

If you would be interested in an Icarus-type solution assuming similar specs and price point, would you mind posting to this forum so we can assess demand? We will later get back to you with a survey to help drive decision making in what is sure to be a long list of tradeoffs, as with any engineering/design project.

Thanks!

mods please move if there is a more appropriate location for this post.

I have been selling a battery in the seat post on eBay and on forums now for a couple of months for the DA, I sell two options, 1) just the cable, battery, and charger, and 2) a complete harness kit, I'm having a hard time keeping up with demand. I have had several >20 ask about the Ui2 (iassume thats what you are talking about) so there is some demand, I have done a few myself, but it requires buying a Ui2 battery mount (~$130 more) because that is the only source for the CANbus chip. If you have the resources to hack the chip I know I could sell >10 a month.

Let me know
see my listings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300690872368?ss ... 208wt_1185
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290691668167?ss ... 598wt_1185

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com