Which BB30 adapter for DA ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Twalsh995

by Twalsh995

Thats exactly what I need to know! (y)
Thanks

SilentG

by SilentG

i used a wheels manufacturing adapter for a year and it barely spun in my bbright frame. removed the adapter and the bearings spun fine. i've found that a full press in bb is a better engineered solution. if you can swing the coin, i'd recommend going with the praxis, or like product.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr_Carlos

by Mr_Carlos

I know this thread is a little old but I didn't want to start a new one.

I want to switch from BB30 on my Cannondale to a Shimano Hollowtech as I'm fedup with the creaking I'm getting from BB30 despite new bearings etc.

As I get creaking with the current bearings, I guess the Wheels Manufacturing adaptor wouldn't be any good? I like the look of the FSA sleeve, surely if you loctite it properly it wouldn't creak?

dunbar42

by dunbar42

If you want to go Wheels Manufacturing I'd recommend their threaded outboard option. I use the Praxis Works solution which is also nice. I went through two sets of basic Wheels Manufacturing press-in adapters in 4k miles that started creaking.

http://wheelsmfg.com/products/bottom-br ... ckets.html

duzza

by duzza

I have the wheels manufacturing outboard threaded BB30 to BSA bottom bracket, it works for a about 30 miles then begins to creak. I have had to tighten it after every ride. I am now considering the Praxis Works one....