HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:36 pm 

mann2 wrote:
bwdftp wrote:
dynaserve wrote:
bwdftp wrote:
i'm using 9000 with 7970 and all good. definitely a good upgrade from 7900 brakes.

Are they noticeably better than the 7900 calipers?

yes, there is certainly a noticeable improvement. my experience is pretty consistent with what the reviews are saying.

I second this. Was actually happy with the 7900, but the 9000 is just plain better.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm happy to report that after around 500 miles on the 9000 brakes with 7900 levers, they really are a noticeable improvement over Ultegra 6700 calipers, which were great anyway. I previously had KCNC calipers, but, well, no need to compare with them.

Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:36 pm 
  • 17.90 € (including 19% VAT)
  • 59 components

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 pm 

Hi there, I also have exactly the same issues with my Dura ace 11 spd cassette.
I am in the uk and just bought a brand new 2013 Cannondale Evo Supersix with Dura ace throughout aside from the hollow gram cranks.
Second day on the bike the carbon cassette shattered, though I'm an former track sprinter I wasn't even putting 70% into it and there is no way this should happen.
After this happened I started searching the web and came across this post.
I went back to the shop, and they agreed to replace the cassette and as they didn't have any Dura Ace cassettes in stock they ordered another Cannondale in and took the cassette of that and put it on my bike.
One week later I'm now having the exact same noise and problem as described by "smooth 1978", so obviously I'm concerned that its going to fail like the other one....so I go back in and ask them to order me another one from Shimano directly as I can only assume now that perhaps Cannondale got a bad batch of these cassettes.

So I put the new cassette on yesterday and I'm not surprised to say that its making the exact same noise but again only on the carbon spider section. Incredible disappointing, frustrating and surprising that Shimano of all companies have mad such a fundamental design error as they clearly have.
Its enough to put me off Dura Ace which I have used for over 20years, but the real problem is I don't know what to do next... change to Sram of Campy 11 speed cassette seams to be the only option... but after forking out over £5k for a bike I shouldn't have to spend another penny.

Over in the UK I am being told by shimano and cannondale, (though the shop) that they haven't heard of any problems whatsoever...
Someone is telling lies, it cannot be a coincidence that on the other side of the world other people are having exactly the same problem with exactly the same bike and components..!

if anyone has any joy resolving this problem I'd appreciate hearing about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:57 pm 

Hi there, I also have exactly the same issues with my Dura ace 11 spd cassette.
I am in the uk and just bought a brand new 2013 Cannondale Evo Supersix with Dura ace throughout aside from the hollow gram cranks.
Second day on the bike the carbon cassette shattered, though I'm an former track sprinter I wasn't even putting 70% into it and there is no way this should happen.
After this happened I started searching the web and came across this post.
I went back to the shop, and they agreed to replace the cassette and as they didn't have any Dura Ace cassettes in stock they ordered another Cannondale in and took the cassette of that and put it on my bike.
One week later I'm now having the exact same noise and problem as described by "smooth 1978", so obviously I'm concerned that its going to fail like the other one....so I go back in and ask them to order me another one from Shimano directly as I can only assume now that perhaps Cannondale got a bad batch of these cassettes.

So I put the new cassette on yesterday and I'm not surprised to say that its making the exact same noise but again only on the carbon spider section. Incredible disappointing, frustrating and surprising that Shimano of all companies have mad such a fundamental design error as they clearly have.
Its enough to put me off Dura Ace which I have used for over 20years, but the real problem is I don't know what to do next... change to Sram of Campy 11 speed cassette seams to be the only option... but after forking out over £5k for a bike I shouldn't have to spend another penny.

Over in the UK I am being told by shimano and cannondale, (though the shop) that they haven't heard of any problems whatsoever...
Someone is telling lies, it cannot be a coincidence that on the other side of the world other people are having exactly the same problem with exactly the same bike and components..!

if anyone has any joy resolving this problem I'd appreciate hearing about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 pm 

I have 2 sets of wheels, one with a DA9000 cassette and one with its SRAM Red counterpart XG1190 11-26. Both working flawlessly.

You could try SRAM's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 pm 

Where to get the plastic guide for installing the fd cable?

There's just nothing on ebay and I wonder if that part can be bought.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 pm 

Its not really necessary. Use the diagrams in the dealers manual and try both positions. The one with the best "angle of attack" for FD pull leverage is the one you want. I'm still surprised frame manufacturers don't just state which position is right for their frame.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75