Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vwo05

by vwo05

atxfireman wrote:Thanks all for the information on programming the system. I was under the impression that you had to purchase the SM-PCE1 to do it or have the LBS do it. I did not see that information anywhere else, only here in this forum. My LBS confirmed the information. I'm very excited about that.

The only thing I have read that is different is that the new charger can do everything the SM-PCE1 can do except diagnostic trouble shooting. I don't know how accurate this statement is, just read it in the forums.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Horacio

by Horacio

I heard Glory Cycles has 9070 in stock if anyone is looking.

atxfireman

by atxfireman

Horacio wrote:I heard Glory Cycles has 9070 in stock if anyone is looking.

I checked their site after seeing your post. They don't have it. Actually they have changed their anticipated arrival date from March to April. I still haven't received my group. The worst part is there are several 9070 groups on E-bay now. That's new and it really sucks. It appears I missed out in this round of Shimano shipping. I hate them.
Last edited by atxfireman on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horacio

by Horacio

Call in.
I made sure it was ok to post before I did it.
Talk to Dixon or Clive.

Horacio

by Horacio

Better to Clive

atxfireman

by atxfireman

Horacio wrote:Better to Clive

Thanks, but mine is already bought and paid for; pre-ordered through my LBS almost 3 months ago. I am a long time customer (20+years) and received a super discount for my dream bike build. My LBS is the largest in the region and supposed to have an exclusive shipping arrangement with Shimano. Guess it's not as exclusive as they think. I'm really pissed now after seeing it on E-bay by several reputable sellers!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Horacio

by Horacio

I agree, it sucks.
I had it on order at one place and fully paid for at another, waiting to see who came up with it first. Neither one had it, but I got lucky at Fairwheel. Funny thing, my paid for group arrived Wed and the place I was just in line at, came in today.
The release is disappointing to say the least. A little here, a little there, not a lot anywhere.

rmerka

by rmerka

Arts Cyclery has had it in stock for a couple of days. They're pretty good about reality vs. what they show online.

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

Horacio wrote:I agree, it sucks.
I had it on order at one place and fully paid for at another, waiting to see who came up with it first. Neither one had it, but I got lucky at Fairwheel. Funny thing, my paid for group arrived Wed and the place I was just in line at, came in today.
The release is disappointing to say the least. A little here, a little there, not a lot anywhere.

I bought a 7970 group from Shimano (Interbike Special) and it came one piece at a time from all over the country!
R2.5 / R3 / S-Works 29er (20 lbs) / S-Works SL4 Di2 (14.7 lbs)

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

petal666 wrote:Hmm, does that junction box work on Ui2?

Yes, I have the new junction box on both my Ui2 bikes. It does require a firmware update to use though.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

Ghost234

by Ghost234

My new bike just arrived with 9000 mechanical. I am having a hell of a time setting it up properly for the dual trim. Right now I have it shifting without trim function, but I can't seem to get it perfect.

Steno

by Steno

Couple of questions if I can...

Some websites seem to be indicating that the charger comes with the internal battery, whilst others say it doesn't.

For instance: http://www.glorycycles.com/shdi2sminba.html
versus
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;n ... duct=34979

And they are basically the same price. Also with the charger, I seem to be reading differnt information. I believe that you must use the Shimano charger (SM-BCR2) as the junction box has a proprietary fitting?

Finally... is there an easy way to calculate internal cable length needed for the four different cables (to battery, front and rear derailleur and STI junction box). I am guessing the bikes dimensions plus a couple of inches. Or does someone have a better method?

Cheers,

Steno

Tamu8104

by Tamu8104

The battery sm-btr2 is sold sperately from the charger sm-bcr2.

Yes you need the junction box.

For my cables, since routing internally, I estimated long. The extra cable is hidden inside the tubes where they all come together at the internal junction box. Too long doesn't seem to have a disadvantage. I just took rough measurements and gave it a little extra.
Firefly Ti Road Disc
Firefly Ti Gravel Disc
Rock Lobster Team Tig SL Disc
Santa Cruz Blur 2019
Gaulzetti Cabron Disc (Retired to the Kickr after an accident)

atxfireman

by atxfireman

LBS has the parts. Bike is being built at this moment. Should have it tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

progetto

by progetto

9070 is available in Australia now, no internal batteries yet but everything else is OK.I did a comparison on pricing, mechanical against electric, it worked out about $1200 aud wholesale.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com