Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

virenque

by virenque

I think adaptor solution is better for BB30, easy to revert back to BB30. Also moving the bearing back into the frame means less stress for the BB shell.
Attachments
21006185900811_602.jpg

KWalker

by KWalker

The bb from Praxis is the best solution- those adapters suck when they get anything in them and are prone to creaking.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I've been riding with my RaceFace adapter this season with no problems. I was skeptical but after lots of riding in the rain I'm not afraid to put it also for my cyclocross.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

cerro

by cerro

Felt on D-A 9000 on a Merida last saturday. Easier gearing but not so special. The front derailleur is strange with that huge arm but looks good from the side. Am really interested in their new wire housing but haven't seen it yet, hade Jagwire on the Merida.

racer1

by racer1

BdaGhisallo wrote:So, has anyone got any ride time on DA 9000 yet? I am curious to,hear some real world feedback on it an d not the impressions of magazine and website editors paid to review it.

How about our friend from Finland who posted some in the flesh pics of a few pieces back in late June? have you got any time on it?

I rode it briefly about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it was awesome. The front shifting is so effortless and smooth. It was unlike any other mechanical group I have felt. The rear shifting was short and quick and I love the hoods compared to the 7900. I was so excited about the new group that I forgot it had 11 speeds. This is going to sell really well because it blows the old 7900 out of the water. The finish looks great in person and the cable angles appear to really make the shifting smooth as butter.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I haven't seen any mention of differing brake pull ratios as we did when 7900 was introduced.

So will 9000 calipers play nicely with 7970 DI2 levers? Will there be any issues with the pull ratio of the 9070 lever being compatible with the 9000 calipers?

I am going to stick with 10sp for a while yet, but I wouldn't mind getting the 9000 calipers if they'll function to their optimum.

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

Sorry, just a quick clarification regarding Mavic Freehub bodies.
All current and former FTS-L freehub bodies are Shimano 11-speed compatible. Simply remove the spacer that's been required for 9- and 10-speed cogs, and you're good to go. This means that the same M10 FTS-L freehub body that's been in use for many years is already set and ready to go for 11-speed.

There is a FTS-L freehub body redesign for certain 013 wheels. However it's unrelated to the length, width, or spline pattern of the FH body. All the changes are internal. The newer version has bearings with a larger inside bore. This allows a larger diameter axle to pass all the way through the FH body. (in the past, a long end-nut met the axle 3/4 of the way through).

All new replacement/aftermarket FH bodies will be of the new 013 design. However, they will be 100% backwards compatible to previous FTS-L systems by means of a reducer for the inner bearing bore.

any questions please post or PM and I'm happy to answer.
-zv

ultimobici wrote:
RippedUp wrote:I read somewhere that current Mavic wheels would be compatible with the 11 sprockets cassette as they come with a 1.8 mm spacer that can be removed.
Is this accurate info?

The issue of having a new hub standard is rather annoying.

Thanks!

Not quite.

Mavic are changing their freehub design to accommodate Shimano 11. The new freehub will fit current wheels too.
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic

Laurens

by Laurens

Thanks MavicZack, I found a few contradicting statements but this seems to settle it.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

What is the BCD on the new crankset? Is it 110 or is a new standard ?

EDIT (I should have looked better before posting) : it seems to be 110, as stated by a few websites (bikerumor).
Last edited by Guerdi on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I think Shimano are holding on to that snippet of info to forestall any aftermarket competition for chainrings. I haven't seen that number anywhere, and I have read just about every report about 9000 and 9070 google could find. They won't be able to do it forever, but they can certainly delay when those aftermarket companies can get going on design and production, and have the 11sp Shimano compatible chainring market all to themselves for a while. Smart business decision by them.

thisisnotaspoon

by thisisnotaspoon

they can certainly delay when those aftermarket companies can get going on design and production, and have the 11sp Shimano compatible chainring market all to themselves for a while. Smart business decision by them.

True, there's no advantage/reason for them to release that information, but even the slowest aftermarket producers would have the time it takes the most comitted ameture to wear out their chainring, 10,000, 15,000, 20,000 miles? That's a year at a bare mimimum, and all they've got to do is lob off one of the arms which acording to shimano was redundant from a stiffness perspective anyway and shift the other two round to make it symetrical. Most CNC machinests could give that job to the work experience kid or tea boy!

sihunt1010

by sihunt1010

Hi! Anyone know when the new Shimano Dura Ace 2013 will be available in the UK?

Thanks!

Happy riding. Be careful out there!

Simon

KLabs

by KLabs

bump

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Shimano had two bikes on trainer for test ride at Interbike last week: one with 9000 and the other one with 9070. I rode both and prefer mechanical over electric because mechanical's rear shifting is quicker w/ positive feedback and front shifting is almost as effortless. Yes 9000's front shifting is just that good. Wayne Stetina told me it's not uncommon that people prefer 9000 over 9070. The only thing missing at the show is the new internal battery for seatpost.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

Should be, is available in Norway now. Sykkelsenteret in Bergen got a groupset today :D (except crank)