Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Huh ????

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Found that lever's comparison on a japanese blog :

from http://schoin.blog91.fc2.com/blog-entry-792.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

So, has anyone got any ride time on DA 9000 yet? I am curious to,hear some real world feedback on it an d not the impressions of magazine and website editors paid to review it.

How about our friend from Finland who posted some in the flesh pics of a few pieces back in late June? have you got any time on it?

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

that pic reminds me- i saw some pics from taiwan that shows that when the lever reach is adjusted, there is no silly gap between the top of the lever and the hood.
also interesting is that the mechanical front derailleur uses a setscrew support just like 7970 di2 did. if it stiffens the mounting, itll help any derailleur function. makes sense to me, although i just wish they would all abandon the silly braze on mount shape altogether and go with shimanos mountain bike high direct mount...

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Right pic looks like rendering to me

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

im not sure anyone would render a sloppy taping job like that. it's got a fat end, and part of it behind the hood is loose...
weird they didnt compare the two hood shapes on the same shape bar.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Its odd indeed that they don't compare using the same bars. But maybe they just don't have that kind of resources like many US / European based magazines/websites.

In any case, seems that the reach seems a little longer compared to the 7900. Wonder how does it compare to the 7800 and the 7970? Both of which I liked more compared to the 7900.

RippedUp

by RippedUp

I read somewhere that current Mavic wheels would be compatible with the 11 sprockets cassette as they come with a 1.8 mm spacer that can be removed.
Is this accurate info?

The issue of having a new hub standard is rather annoying.

Thanks!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

RippedUp wrote:I read somewhere that current Mavic wheels would be compatible with the 11 sprockets cassette as they come with a 1.8 mm spacer that can be removed.
Is this accurate info?

The issue of having a new hub standard is rather annoying.

Thanks!

Not quite.

Mavic are changing their freehub design to accommodate Shimano 11. The new freehub will fit current wheels too.

iscarrr

by iscarrr

Ignore - wrong post, realised later, sorry.
Last edited by iscarrr on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluesea

by bluesea

A quick search shows this for Dura Ace 9000 rear hubs (24h/32h). Wonder if it will be offered in 28h.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping ... p?id=54112

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Wow! $399 for the rear hub is not at all far from the premier aftermarket hubs like King R45 and Alchemy ORCs. That definitely removes the option of Dura Ace being a cheaper alternative for hand built wheels.

daj

by daj

MSRP for the 7900 hubs is $349 so with a $50 increase in MSRP I wouldn't be too worried.

bluesea

by bluesea

Hub cost *should* come down once UK discount pricing takes effect. But there's the rub with 9000, the availability timetable.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

iscarrr wrote:Thanks for all the comments. Seems like loctite works for some but not others.

What are peoples thought on using a converstion tube to make it standard threaded bb?

My LBS said the FSA cups were just like the Campy ones, they just went in a bit too easy. I guess if this is happening its probably going to happen with the conversion kit too.

I suppose another option could be to use a BB30 crank? Though it kind of feels like the BB shell in my frame just isnt perfectly sized.

You just need this for a BB30 to Shimano crankset adaptor :

http://www.aerozinebike.com/products139.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com