Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

atanger

by atanger

Maybe this topic/question has been asked already but there's quite a few pages to go through: I would like to know if you the DA 7950 crank will work well with the 9000? I called Shimano and they told me that based on their tests the 7900/7950 crank will not work, chain drops off the crank.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

FYI all Shimano-sponsored teams are running SRM 7900 w/ 9000/9070 at this moment. Therefore I think they work together well enough.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

atanger wrote:Maybe this topic/question has been asked already but there's quite a few pages to go through: I would like to know if you the DA 7950 crank will work well with the 9000? I called Shimano and they told me that based on their tests the 7900/7950 crank will not work, chain drops off the crank.

You could buy a 9000 crank set with the PM in the non drive side arm... http://www.stagescycling.com/stagespower-models
R2.5 / R3 / S-Works 29er (20 lbs) / S-Works SL4 Di2 (14.7 lbs)

bwdftp

by bwdftp

SRAM Red Quarq works fine with 9070 as well. Usually tends to be the case that components are more compatible than the companies would have you believe.

Marwin3000
Shop Wrench

by Marwin3000

Just got the new C25 9000 in! A bit disappointed by the weight! They are weighed with yellow Veloplugs and no QR's

Sorry for the pic heavy post!

Both wheels:

Rear:

Front:

QR:

Rim tape:

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

We finally had some aftermarket di2 drop at the shop today! Will be nice to finally get the full group together to see how good it is first hand....

Horacio

by Horacio

I got confirmation that the internal batt and front junction box are shipping to me.
2/5ths of the way there. :roll:

atxfireman

by atxfireman

Where are you Horatio? Where does 2/5ths of the way place it? Did you order it online or is shipping to your LBS? Thanks, Bill

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

Built up an Oltre today with 9070, very impressed with the look and feel of it all, the new rear mech in particular has a much sleeker look to it imo. A little warning to those building up with the new di2, you will need the pc interface to update the firmware on the battery mount, if you're using an external battery (at least that was the case with our build today). Have weights been posted for the di2 parts yet?

Horacio

by Horacio

I'm in CA.
My stuff is coming from Twohubs.

Horacio

by Horacio

All I need are the shifters, FD and RD.

atxfireman

by atxfireman

Horacio wrote:I got confirmation that the internal batt and front junction box are shipping to me.
2/5ths of the way there. :roll:

OK, I get it now. I thought you meant distance when I first read. Hopefully you will get the rest soon. My order was through my LBS for the entire group. I'm a longtime (20+ years) customer, so they gave me a great price, 20% off on the DI2 and all other parts and 15% off on the S-Works Roubaix SL4 frame. I hope Shimano means it this time and sends it out. I read somewhere that it was the internal battery holding things up. If they're shipping yours, maybe that means everthing else will be going out too. I certainly hope so. I have a great setup now, but I want to be riding my dream bike soon.

BMX, I've seen weights posted on many sites; just a few minutes searching will locate them. The service manager at my LBS is building my bike. He's built many DI2 bikes, both 7970 and Ultegra, but mine will be the first 9070. He has the firmware, so I don't see much point in purchasing it. Thanks for the info Horatio. Cheered me up. I'm starting to get excited again.

:up:

Horacio

by Horacio

My pleasure.

bmxbandit

by bmxbandit

Atx, cheers, I have the weights myself -more was going to upload some pics on the scales, if they hadn't already been posted. As long as the dealer has the interface you're all set, quite fun to play around with the re-program function too.... On the supply front, whilst we're in Europe, groupsets are now appearing so hopefully your's will turn up soon, it's certainly worth the wait!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

atxfireman

by atxfireman

If they ever make an app to program it off my Ipad; I will purchase it in a heartbeat!