Where to get winium rims in the U.S.?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

J-Nice

by J-Nice

I have contacted several bike shops in New York City and no dice. I cannot get the rims, they are not available. I can only get them if I buy the wheels, but there HAS to be a way. I want to build my own set of lightweight wheels and I already have the hubs that I want. Can anyone put me in contact with someone in the US or Canada that may be able to help me? Thanks in advance. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spytech

by spytech

are you from new york city??? what shops have you contacted?

J-Nice

by J-Nice

R&A cycles in Brooklyn, Toga and Larry and Jeffs'. I will not go to any other shops because I know for a fact that I will get extremely overcharged for any products that I buy, and thats' assuming they can help me at all which is another problem. Alot of retail shops will not help you if you want to get your hands on anything that they cannot get from their distributors, which winds up being stuff that I can get myself from any run of the mill mailorder company. So that is basically it.

spytech

by spytech

i know the owner of toga, my friend works there. who distributes corima products in the usa? if you let me know i can have them order it for you.

jim

by jim

j-nice, the distributor of corima in the usa is aero international. your dealer should be able to help you out with ordering those rims

J-Nice

by J-Nice

To Spytech-yes, I also know someone at Toga-but the retail price at some of these shops, especially when it comes to specially ordered stuff, and then tax in most cases that I have encountered is just way to much. That is why I would prefer to get my stuff from people other than shop retailers. I know it may sound as if I want my cake and eat it too, but I am tired of getting ripped off when I buy cycling related products. But that is another rant for another day. 8)

spytech

by spytech

i may be able help with the price also, let me know if you would like to get together, where are you in nyc? who do you know at toga? my friend is assit manager, and the owner is pretty cool guy.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Dear Spytech,
If you can help me send me an e-mail at JNV101@aol.com. I know one of the mechanics at Toga, but not well enough to ask for anything that has to be specially ordered with a little discount thrown in. I know someone at Strictly Bicycles in Fort Lee but I have'nt tried them yet. If you could ask what this particular item would go for (maybe you can get a better price than me if you know the owner) I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

spytech

by spytech

well which mechanic do you know, maybe the one that built my bike - is he dominican??? hes been there longer than the owners, great mechanic. i know the owner of Strictly Bicycles (Nelson) i have known him for many years; he watched me grow up, hes happy that i traded my BMX for a Road bike.

i will help in anyway i can, i will email you tonight.

by the way i also know the owner of tread bike (ozzy) shop on dyckman st., i use to live around there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Try Triathlete Zombies, they have Corima stuff.
Ride lightly!