US Vittoria Importer?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Been having problems with Corsa CX tubs mating to A/C Carbon wheels (Zipp rims). After 100 miles, both tires have become unglued approx 2" before and after the valve. causing a "pffift, pffift, pffift" sound while rolling.

this has now happened with 2 pairs, and I'm really frustrated. anywho... anyone know who the US importer is? I want to ship back these two sets, and see if they will warranty them. Not to mention, I destroyed the base tape upon dismounting them... :doh:

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Both www.bikemine.com and www.velimpex.com are big US distributors of vittoria. Try your luck with them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Or just step up to a nice set of Tufos and use their extreme tape.

mises

by mises

Rich_W wrote:Been having problems with Corsa CX tubs mating to A/C Carbon wheels (Zipp rims). After 100 miles, both tires have become unglued approx 2" before and after the valve. causing a "pffift, pffift, pffift" sound while rolling.

this has now happened with 2 pairs, and I'm really frustrated. anywho... anyone know who the US importer is? I want to ship back these two sets, and see if they will warranty them. Not to mention, I destroyed the base tape upon dismounting them... :doh:

Don't hold your breath. Unless they are coming loose from the base tape I don't see how this is a problem with the tires.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Stolichnaya wrote:Or just step up to a nice set of Tufos and use their extreme tape.

Can't use that stuff on Zipp rims... been there, done that. they sure stick great, no worries there. Problem was when I removed the tires... The tufo tape stayed attached to the base tape, and actually ripped the top layer of carbon right off the tire bed!

Zipp forbids Tufo tape with their carbon tub rims.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

mises wrote:
Rich_W wrote:Been having problems with Corsa CX tubs mating to A/C Carbon wheels (Zipp rims). After 100 miles, both tires have become unglued approx 2" before and after the valve. causing a "pffift, pffift, pffift" sound while rolling.

Don't hold your breath. Unless they are coming loose from the base tape I don't see how this is a problem with the tires.

Not sure if its the tires or the rims... but what I've found is that the combo is not compatible. But after speaking with the folks at Bike Mine today, they said send them back, and they will replace them.

Honestly, I think I may try Zipps or Tufo's next time around on my Carbon wheels, and use the CXs on my vintage Masi Super-Crit and Bardini Record bikes. They could use some new rubber anyway.

mises

by mises

Rich_W wrote:
mises wrote:

Not sure if its the tires or the rims... but what I've found is that the combo is not compatible. But after speaking with the folks at Bike Mine today, they said send them back, and they will replace them.

Honestly, I think I may try Zipps or Tufo's next time around on my Carbon wheels, and use the CXs on my vintage Masi Super-Crit and Bardini Record bikes. They could use some new rubber anyway.

That's nice they are replacing them. I haven't had any problems with Vittoria on Zipp rims.

campyman099

by campyman099

I used TUFOs and the destroyed the rim, now I use Clements and they have been great. I may try the new DedaTre tires though, they seem wuite nice.
Quit whining and go ride your bike!!

Rich_W

by Rich_W

campyman099 wrote:I used TUFOs and the destroyed the rim, now I use Clements and they have been great. I may try the new DedaTre tires though, they seem wuite nice.

:hmm: are we talkin tires or glue here??

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Honestly, I think I may try Zipps or Tufo's next time around on my Carbon wheels, and use the CXs on my vintage Masi Super-Crit and Bardini Record bikes. They could use some new rubber anyway.[/quote]

zipps are relabled vittorias, so might want to consider that.

Rich_W

by Rich_W

520 Dan wrote:Honestly, I think I may try Zipps or Tufo's next time around on my Carbon wheels, and use the CXs on my vintage Masi Super-Crit and Bardini Record bikes. They could use some new rubber anyway.

zipps are relabled vittorias, so might want to consider that.[/quote]

Not according to Zipp's tech support folks I spoke with today. I heard that too... so I asked the question.

I used to think they were relabeled Tufo's. But the problem (I think) is where the tape is doubled over right at the valve... also, Zipp's base tape is thicker, and black in color.

(I'm home with a cold today... so been yapping on the phone all day... took care of all my warranty returns since my mishap a couple of weeks back)

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I'd say that zipp fed you a line, because a very large dealer of zipp wheels and tires told me that they were relabled vittorias, and when i saw them in person last year at interbike they bore a striking resemblence to vittorias to me. That being said, zipp changes their hub design roughly every year, so it is totally possible that they are now being manufactured by someone else.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com