Dura Ace C50 or Fulcrum Racing speed ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Can you help me ..

For the Cervélo S2 / DA 7900 that my son rides I am looking for a pair of tubular wheels. For myself I ride the DA7850 C50 tubular and I love them. My son can buy eighter a pair of C50 wheels or a pair of Fulcrum Racing Speed wheels ( Not the XLR ) - are the big differences between both wheelsets besides carbon structure / weight/ bearings.

Who has riden them both and can help me what choise to make...

:noidea:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

PinaRene wrote:Can you help me ..

For the Cervélo S2 / DA 7900 that my son rides I am looking for a pair of tubular wheels. For myself I ride the DA7850 C50 tubular and I love them. My son can buy eighter a pair of C50 wheels or a pair of Fulcrum Racing Speed wheels ( Not the XLR ) - are the big differences between both wheelsets besides carbon structure / weight/ bearings.

Dura Ace's rim width = 24mm

Fulcrum Racing Speed's rim width = 20mm

I would go with the Dura Ace

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

pdlpsher1 wrote:
PinaRene wrote:Can you help me ..

Dura Ace's rim width = 24mm

Fulcrum Racing Speed's rim width = 20mm

I would go with the Dura Ace

Totally agree. Get wider wheels. There are slew of threads on the topic of why you'd want wide wheels. Wait for few more months, Shimano will announce new wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

em3

by em3

...the Fulcrum Racing Speed wheels have not been updated to the 24mm width and Diamant brake track(on the 50mm profile) shared by their cousins, the campagnolo Bora. Ur best bet is to get a set of Bora One 50 or Bora Ultra 50. The Boras are lighter then the Shimano wheels and u can simply slide on a Shimano freehub body.