Bar / Stem Combo Thoughts

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

I just ordered a Tarmac SL4 Pro Frameset from my LBS with my team deal. It is the color below. How do you guys think a 3T ARX II Team Stealth (the darker colors) Stem would look with a 3T Ergonova Pro bar (black and white)? Or should I just go with the ARX II Pro stem (black and white) as well?

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Is this Weight Weenies? Not trying to insult you, but asking on a forum whether your new frame, fork and seatpost combo should need a black stem with a black stripe or black with a white stripe. Because of the language barrier I'm probably coming across way to harsh. That will never be my intention.
Allow me to help you with your choice after me questioning you: Your seatpost has a white stripe on it. Wouldn't it be beautiful if you could repeat that on the bar and stem? you could change the standard bolts to Ti after you bought it to make it lighter. On the other hand: The black on black components would be nice as the bar is made out of CF. which is way lighter then the AL bar of the pro line.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com