HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:28 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:08 am
Posts: 6628
Location: Urbana, Illinois
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97403&hilit=Carbolift

Good start with links in the thread.

:thumbup:

_________________
-For my next trick I will set myself on fire!
-This board and the world in general would be a much nicer place if everyone could just take themselves a little less seriously.
-Sticky Fingers John Rockefeller
-First one over the cliff wins!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:36 am
Posts: 16
Juanmoretime wrote:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=97403&hilit=Carbolift

Good start with links in the thread.

:thumbup:



Thank you for the link :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:36 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: carbolift
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 819
Location: The Netherlands
I just finished using Carbolift for the second time (http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105250&start=45). My first try was one a Scott CR1 frame. Carbolift removed some 10% of the paint, but I had to sand off the remaining 90%. My second try was one the front fork of my Salsa Las Cruzes frameset. Again Carbolift proved pretty much useless. As such I can definitely NOT recommend it to anyone.

_________________
My Renovo R1 wooden bike project and the reason for my passion for all that is wood.

Check it out: the most amazing vintage Colnago, Merckx and Pinarello collection


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frankie - B, IhmeKameli, mnmasotto and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB