carbolift

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bobsled

by bobsled

Anybody know if carbolift has a shelf life and if so what that would be? I emailed carbolift and they don't seem to reply to emails.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I can't help with your query, but isn't poor when companies do not bother to respond to customer queries.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Well, the carbolift guy is, or at least was, a member of WW. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=79102&p=702304t#p702304 . I don't know that PM'ing him would work if email doesn't, but you could give it a shot. Or contact our mod Frankie - B, a big user of carbolift.

bobsled

by bobsled

^ ^ Yeah, I am aware the guy is a member and I looked at his profile but it didn't list his last visit. 17 posts in a year doesn't give me a warm feeling he'll be seeing my PM anytime soon.

I'll try Frankie B. see if he can shed any light.

Thanks guys.

BTW, the reason I asked was I have a bottle on order but there is a temperature range that Carbolift works best in. It's been cold and rainy here so I my just wait until March (Spring) when things warm up.

foofighter

by foofighter

It still works in colder weather, just slower. So Cal isn't too cold anyway. Just do it in the garage.

Dov

by Dov

Carbolift does not work like the video would have you believe.

That film is a work of fiction.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

iamalex

by iamalex

I used Carbolift earlier this winter here in London stripping some 3T Ergonova and Kestrel EMS bars; took one over night application and a second of 3+ hours. I was leaving it in the cellar but applying/stripping it outside for a bit of fresh air. Unless you have a suitable workplace the weather may effect any lacquering/painting you're planning afterwards - I'm not an expert but I've always been led to believe a warm, dry, windless environment is best. I waited a few days until it brightened/dried up before spraying the lacquer in the garden.

Be sure to wear some gloves when applying the carbolift and especially at the end when you're finishing the components. I got silly and it took a day before my hands stopped tingling and weren't pure white from dryness.
I found some plastic camping cutlery was useful in scrapping off the stripped material.

bobsled

by bobsled

Valbrona wrote:I can't help with your query, but isn't poor when companies do not bother to respond to customer queries.

Yeah, their customer service is the worst. They don't reply to emails. I bought some carbolift directly from them three weeks ago and I'm still waiting. They claim they have warehouses in Canada, the US and Europe to expendite shipping. Yeah, right. It least they could have provided me a tracking number. Another week or so and I'm contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges.

Are you reading this Carbolift dude?

artray

by artray

I have new tub of carbo ,i emailed them 2 weeks ago and recieved no reply .If your worried about it doing any strange things to your bike or whatever part you are going to use it on ,get some old bits you can test it on and see if it works ok .It will work fine if you keep the the temperature as recommended

bobsled

by bobsled

Hey artray,

Thanks for the reply. Problem is, I have not received my product from carbolift yet after three weeks. Where did you buy your's from?

Cheers!

by Cheers!

Any of you guys have the MSDS for carbolift?

bobsled

by bobsled

^ ^

Nope closest thing to an MSDS is under "Environmental Notes" http://www.carbolift.com/faqs.html

bobsled

by bobsled

bobsled wrote:
Valbrona wrote:I can't help with your query, but isn't poor when companies do not bother to respond to customer queries.

Yeah, their customer service is the worst. They don't reply to emails. I bought some carbolift directly from them three weeks ago and I'm still waiting. They claim they have warehouses in Canada, the US and Europe to expendite shipping. Yeah, right. It least they could have provided me a tracking number. Another week or so and I'm contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges.

So after waiting more than 5 weeks after they claim it was shipped, I contested the charges w/ my credit card company and ordered else where. Not cool. In the end, it was cheaper to get from this other vendor since Carbolift used exchange rates and high shipping charges.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

milroy

by milroy

For the record my shipment of carbolift arrived, but the lid wasn't tight and the bottle was leaking. I'm surprised that the post office didn't bin it as the package was very wet and stunk of chemicals.

I contacted Carbolift more to tell them what happened than seek a replacement as most of the chemical was still in the bottle. They did answer, but were exceptionally dismissive.

It is possible I guess that this happened to your shipment but is was binned?