My TT-Bike :)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FelixOr

by FelixOr

I finally finished my TT-bike... well not completely because the discwheels is still to arrive, but i already ordered it. It's absolutely no WW bike but i just couldn't afford a carbon frame, zipp/lightweight wheels/disc etc....
so what do you think?
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3597/pict00109pr.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7438/pict00082vv.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6158/pict00126ji.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4371/pict00138dn.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8900/pict00178qu.jpg

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Great job Felix!

What disc have you ordered?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spokey1.0

by spokey1.0

Looks pretty solid to me...have fun.

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Great job Felix!

hi LJ,
the disc i ordered is made by Citec, maybe i you know it. i think it's a german brand.

FelixOr

by FelixOr

spokey1.0 wrote:Looks pretty solid to me...have fun.

yeah, like i said: no real ww-parts... unfortunately!!! i will have fun with it, thanks :)... hopefully succes too.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

nice bike!
why do you have the bottle cage on the seat tube? are there any aerodynamic measurements that this position is better? i found it more difficult to drink in aero position when the bottle is on the seat tube than on the down tube.

Karbon

by Karbon

FelixOr wrote:
Great job Felix!

hi LJ,
the disc i ordered is made by Citec, maybe i you know it. i think it's a german brand.

Did you get it directly form Citec? They don't like answering emails :(

FelixOr

by FelixOr

simon wrote:nice bike!
why do you have the bottle cage on the seat tube? are there any aerodynamic measurements that this position is better? i found it more difficult to drink in aero position when the bottle is on the seat tube than on the down tube.

i think i read that it has some aerodynamic "advantages" (maybe one watt?:D)..... but i'm not sure.

@Karbon: yes i got it directly from citec.... the price was superb, that's why i chose the citec-disc. more then 50% cheaper....

Karbon

by Karbon

I'd love a pair of their 3000S wheels, but they don't reply to my emails :evil:

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Karbon wrote:I'd love a pair of their 3000S wheels, but they don't reply to my emails :evil:

hmm .... strange. try to call them. i did and had no problems at all!

Cyco

by Cyco

For a money is an object build there are some seriuosly good part choices on that bike, but I'm sure as with all of us here it will get lighter :lol:

Do you have a current weight for it?
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

I guess the current weght at 18 lbs. I think it is a seriously beautiful bike and think all the choices are sound except 2 things. My tt bike is my long distance bike and I had an SLR on it and had to get something a little more comfy since the SLR got old after about 20-25 miles in the bent over position of a tt bike. The other thing that looks off is the amount of drop between the seat and the bars. Most people would shoot for around 12 and you look to have 20. If you can ride this seat with that much drop-more power too you, but us old guys couldn't even think about it. Are you only going to use it for short tt's or are you going to use it for longer things like Tri-athalons? If you are, I would change the seat and try to raise the bars a little.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

FelixOr

by FelixOr

For a money is an object build there are some seriuosly good part choices on that bike, but I'm sure as with all of us here it will get lighter

Do you have a current weight for it?

hi, well there are a few things that were not as expensive (for me) as they normally are. The bar e.g only cost me 99€ and the cosmic carbons were a present so i didn't anything for them. of course there's a little luck behind the whole thing, but who cares ? ;)
current weight: i will weigh it today and tell you!

I guess the current weght at 18 lbs. I think it is a seriously beautiful bike and think all the choices are sound except 2 things. My tt bike is my long distance bike and I had an SLR on it and had to get something a little more comfy since the SLR got old after about 20-25 miles in the bent over position of a tt bike. The other thing that looks off is the amount of drop between the seat and the bars. Most people would shoot for around 12 and you look to have 20. If you can ride this seat with that much drop-more power too you, but us old guys couldn't even think about it. Are you only going to use it for short tt's or are you going to use it for longer things like Tri-athalons? If you are, I would change the seat and try to raise the bars a little.

i love the SLR! i can ride on it for hours and hours and hours and.... i even ride it on my pursuit-bike on the track where the Position is even more harsh. i gonna ride distances between 20 and 40km.
here's a photo of my position on my pursuit-bike, and the one on the Quintana roo is more comfy...... don't worry, i really think about getting the perfect aero-position, and i'm no newbie in that ;) http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4144/img25050yu.jpg
thanks for the advice anyways.

marcob

by marcob

Nice bike !!

How did you get the armrests of the HED aerobar higher than the standard position ?

FelixOr

by FelixOr

marcob wrote:Nice bike !!

How did you get the armrests of the HED aerobar higher than the standard position ?

hello marcob, sorry i don't know what you mean :/
do you mean the small silver "spacers" ? if so, they already were there when i bought the bar.

UPDATE ON WEIGHT: !!8.61 KG!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
[/b]

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com