Speci Romin vs Romin Evo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sharil

by Sharil

Give me your insights ppl! which one would you prefer and why?

brycerider

by brycerider

Bought the Romin recently and considered the Evo. Did it like the extra padding and styling of the Evo.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
N+1 It Never Stops

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Had the original Romin and switched to the Evo because of the more narrow nose and slightly greater amount of padding. The originals nose was too wide for me and caused some rubbing issues with my legs. The Evo has been a significant improvement in this regard.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

howler

by howler

have a look at the last couple pages of this thread:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=86880

luckysix

by luckysix

IMO, the evo is better shaped but there is too much padding for me.

Bhowe

by Bhowe

I personally just moved to the evo from the toupe and am in love. 155 in both and I can honestly say this is the first time in about year that I can ride for 3+ hours with zero discomfort.

Not crazy of the look, and would rather not be on a saddle from the big S, but dammit it's working.

edmundo

by edmundo

luckysix wrote:IMO, the evo is better shaped but there is too much padding for me.
And for me as well. After a Toupe, I don't really like the squashy feel of the Evo Pro. Having said that, I've found it more comfortable and less numbing than the Toupe. So, on balance, definitely a positive upgrade.
Under the Sun - a thriller for weightweenies with bike loving main character on Kindle here

Sharil

by Sharil

I was just wondering with what criteria does Specialized put Romin Evo on Venges and Romin on Tarmacs?

luckysix

by luckysix

Also, for what it's worth, I tried a S-works toupe after the romin and romin evo and found it to be the perfect saddle (aside from the price).

helios

by helios

(old) Romin for me. Tried the Evo and just didn't like it as much as the older design. Personally I think the old one looks better than the Evo as well.

jrobart

by jrobart

+ 1 for the Romin. Have tried roughly 10 different saddles and now the Romin is on all of my bikes.
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com