Bont + Look Blades = Squeaky ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LouisN

by LouisN

Does anybody have that problem ?

I changed my Look cleats for brand new (grey) ones last week. My Keo Blades have only seen the trainer.
First time outside last weekend :beerchug: for two 70-80 km rides. Lots of dirt on the roads, but still 100 times better than on the trainer.

But my pedals are squeaking like crazy !!!

I remember they did the same thing last spring when I installed new cleats. Is this problem temporary, and they'll "take shape" together ?

Thanks for the infos,

Louis :)

madmole

by madmole

All Keo Blades squeek like crazy regardless of shoes. Many folks think their bearings have gone!!!

2 solutions

1) Hunt down the older cleats with the white teflon inserts. Silent but you slide everywhere trying to walk in them
2) Put some chain lube on your cleats and pedals whenever you do the chain

S
Cervelo S3 2011. Blinged 6.718 Kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

I have two BN sets of the teflon-less cleats now, the old ones cracked at the back.

I'll try option 2, maybe with a pinch of heavy grease and see what's happening...

Louis :)

brycerider

by brycerider

Get the old Teflon cleats. The new Ines with the rubber pads squeak when wet and are of poor durability

Sent from my ME860 using Tapatalk
N+1 It Never Stops

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

I can't speak for Look cleats, but Shimano SPD-SL cleats didn't pair up completely flush with the bottom of Bont shoes and I got some rocking (seen here) with the cleat. I wonder if the same thing is causing your Look cleats to squeak. A simple and easy shim made out of a yogurt carton fixed the problem right up. Worth a try :noidea:

bones

by bones

madmole wrote:All Keo Blades squeek like crazy regardless of shoes. Many folks think their bearings have gone!!!

2 solutions

1) Hunt down the older cleats with the white teflon inserts. Silent but you slide everywhere trying to walk in them
2) Put some chain lube on your cleats and pedals whenever you do the chain

S

It's not just the Look Keos. Look pedals, in general, are just squeakers. I've been on them waaaay before they changed their cleat design. Even the old Look Delta cleats squeaked. Tried the cleats with the white Teflon on the top and bottom of the cleats. Really, didn't make much of a difference at all. Switched to Shimano a couple years ago, and to my pleasant surprise - far less squeaking! :D

ave

by ave

My Deltas squeaked a lot, they had the reputation to do soo.

But Keos too? Never for me.

The grey Keo Grips with Keo Carbons are dead silent. (Even after 2 years on the same, now very worn cleats.)
My Keo Classic pedals are also silent.

The folks I know who ride on the newr steel plated Keos (Max or Blade) are happy with theirs silence too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com