Tire Recomendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

only as stiff as the bunny in my avitar, did you see how hard he is? :lol:

Man i need to get use to clipless pedals, first time using them, almost bust my arse. :(
Attachments
adult_beaniebaby.jpg

JTC

by JTC

Elite Jet 210 TPI
http://www.tufo.com/index.php?lg=en&mn=1&id=47

Veloflex Roubaix:
http://www.veloflex.it/catalog/roubaix.htm

I do love the Tufo's though! How are the Tubular clinchers?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

You've never even used clipless pedals! Holy cow dude! And how much are you spending on your bike? maybe you went way overboard, is this your first road bike?

P.S.

I've said it before, but can you please change you avitar, it seriously makes me sick. Not being rude or anything, but it's just really is nasty.

spytech

by spytech

this is my first road bike, but i have ridden many road bikes before, just never owned one. yeah i do think i went crazy with my bike, but oh well.

the tufo tub clincher are pretty damn good, especially in the rain, i did not like the pro race on a wet surface at all.

wow i have over 250 post and now your saying my avitar is nasty, i would not have thought twice about taking it down if you would have told me a month back, or if someone else would have complained. :roll:

Superlite

by Superlite

Actually I asked you when you first joined, search around and you'll find it.

But back to bikes, when are you going to give us the specs for your ride? We've heard alot of talk, but we need pics!

And a tip for your clipless pedals, the best way to get use to them is over the winter on your trainer. I remember the first time I put my speedplays on and took off. BIG MISTAKE!!! Went 3 miles and came back home. They are like riding on ice at first, but riding them all winter in the basement got me use to them, hell better then use to them, better then before.

spytech

by spytech

heh, i went riding about 5 miles from my house, and every min. or so i was unclipping from them, because when i first got out of my house i got to close to a car and could not unclip so i fell ontop of the car to break the fall. i will have pics soon, i have to get my friends digi cam. the bike is about 7000 grams.

by the way the cat brakes are great, my mechanic did a great job with them. i do want to change the fsa pro ti bottom bracket, i get some flex from it. thinking about the AC BB since it has a chomoly spindle.

dont have a trainer and trust me i wish i did, riding at 27 deg. with some nice winds that make it feel like 9, makes me want to stay home.

popawheelie

by popawheelie

Spytech, I second loosing the avitar. Just my opinion. I did say something to the administrator, but maybe he doesn't want to get into it.

Joel

by Joel

I think Superlite and Popawheelie are right,

JTC

by JTC

The avitar doesn't really bother me. I have more things to worry about than that, but how about a pic of your bike as an avitar. Actually that would be a good idea for all of us to use for an avitar.

Superlite

by Superlite

Heres a little proof spytech. http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ight=#2410

I actually asked you the second day you were on the board. Just scroll down, you'll find it. Again, not trying to be a dork or anything, but I really do think your avitar is nasty.

Man, you already crashed your bike, and into a car! I know I shouldn't laugh, but thats as funny as hell! Can't wait to see the pics, by the way, when are we going to see your bike?

drew

by drew

spytech wrote:the tufo tub clincher are pretty damn good, especially in the rain, i did not like the pro race on a wet surface at all.

I hear this sooo much, these tyres ROCK in the rain, by far the best wet weather tyre I have EVER used, coming from the U.K where we get 370 days of rain a year I have ridden dozens of profiles and tread patterns. Its all about confidence with these tyres, the further you lean the better they grip. The centre stripe is admittedly crappy (I spin on steep hills in the wet when standing) but for cornering you cant beat them.

spytech

by spytech

i guess i will be changing my avitar soon - JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY you sure that its not because the bunny turns you on? :twisted:

nothing happened to the bike, and i did not hit the car, i broke the fall by falling on the back of the car. i was side ways, i signaled the driver not to move or else i would have hit the floor. in that time i unclipped my left foot and got balance again. i just need more practice and its damn cold in nyc. i dont have the proper gear to ride in this weather.

i just remembered, my little brother got a digicam for xmas - i should have pics by tonight.

Superlite

by Superlite

Thanks spytech, you da man!

I'm looking foward to seeing your ride, but post a spec list to.