HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

My original post was more on Zero Gravity, which of course is a Lightweight set. My Original reason for upgrade is to reduce the weight of my brakes, and of course have a reliable set that does the job on the 55 mph decents with a 90* at the bottom.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black

2013 Cannondale EVO Hi mod DA 9000

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:14 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm 

I'm trying these ones... seem like a great value given the reviews and weights over at fairwheel bikes... we'll see. I loved my old zero g's, but with the new zipps I'm throwing on the new ride, I wanted to guarantee there would be no issue with the width (without having to go through the cost and hassle of new pad holders) - compatibility with powercordz was another issue. I guess it will also be nice to not have to worry about the more than occasional centering (though that really wasn't too much of a hassle or concern).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm 

oreoboreo wrote:
My original post was more on Zero Gravity, which of course is a Lightweight set. My Original reason for upgrade is to reduce the weight of my brakes, and of course have a reliable set that does the job on the 55 mph decents with a 90* at the bottom.

You are relatively new here, you just registered on August 9th, 2011, a few months ago.
Lightweight is a brand of Carbon Sports (Germany). Ever hear of Lightweight wheels? This is Weightweenies, the context where people see "lightweight" as one word, and the sentence is "New lightweight brakes?" the association is with new brakes coming from Lightweight. Zero Gravity is NOT a Lightweight set. It comes from the company Ciamillo (Athens, Georgia).

This is why I asked you to change the subject line from "lightweight" (one word) to "light weight" (two words).

Thanks! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 pm 

I really like the KCNC C7's. They look cool also.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 pm 

prendrefeu wrote:
oreoboreo wrote:

You are relatively new here, you just registered on August 9th, 2011, a few months ago.
Lightweight is a brand of Carbon Sports (Germany). Ever hear of Lightweight wheels? This is Weightweenies, the context where people see "lightweight" as one word, and the sentence is "New lightweight brakes?" the association is with new brakes coming from Lightweight. Zero Gravity is NOT a Lightweight set. It comes from the company Ciamillo (Athens, Georgia).

This is why I asked you to change the subject line from "lightweight" (one word) to "light weight" (two words).

Thanks! :thumbup:

Good idea, Lightweight wheels are uber cool and I understand the confusion that Lightweight lovers could be looking for brakesets now.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black

2013 Cannondale EVO Hi mod DA 9000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49 pm 

I have read a number of reviews that are favorable for the Planet X CNC brakes. Intermediate weight, better braking than the lightest options, pretty good price. So a safer alternative to the more risky options?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 pm 

oreoboreo wrote:
I googled the Hive and came up first with a recall site, not a good first hit while looking for the brakes. Now, there are a couple more options to look harder at. On the Bay under CNC if found a few more, will use the search functon here since I am sure there has been discussions already on them

Anyone with first hand experience with Hive Revl brakes....namely after they recalled in 2010!? Looking into these and can't find anyone who has actually had them on their bike to give me an opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:14 pm 

I like the look of the Far Near brakes, see photo in post above. Does anyone know whether they're available in the UK yet? I'm running the Planet X brakes at the moment, they're good, but I feel as if I need a little extra braking power at times (I weigh 85 kilos, so not a light-weight).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:20 pm 

runner999 wrote:
You can send them in to Ciamillo if/when you need. They have a pretty successful "Tune-Up Program". I'm told that they can get a little behind so do it in the cycling off season when down time isn't an issue. I noticed that this service has jumped up considerably in price since the last time I looked earlier this year. :(

Over 2 months ive been waiting. Gave up. Just trying to get them back...unsuccessfully.

CRUMPTON 4.40kg, 9.70lbs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 am 

I rode ZG Ti's since 2007 with no problems what so ever. I recently switched to EEbrakes and realized what I was missing! The EEbrakes are amazing, and very easy to set up. Just as a frame of reference, I never had any of the setup/centering issues that others spoke of with my ZG's.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:31 pm 

Look at M5 Ligfietsen Brakes

http://www.m5-ligfietsen.nl/site/EN/_m5 ... pull-brake

Barrie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:45 am 

Some brake evaluations:

http://www.eecycleworks.com/VNJune%20BrakeTest.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://fairwheelbikes.com/forum/viewtop ... 104&t=7582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go to page Previous  1, 2