lightest crank

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

col hicks

by col hicks

any ww have more info on this crank supposed to be a stella azurra they say it is lighter than any other crank
Attachments
inter1stella.jpg

JTC

by JTC

I was wondering the same thing. Saw those the other day and thought they looked to be the same as the Zipps. :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

It might just be the angle, but it looks to me like there is no bb interface in those arms. The one with the SA logo has an interface but the others are blanks.

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

Definately not the same thing as the Zipps. I talked to Stefano from Stella Azzurra at the show about these - expect them some time early next year. Weight estimate is about 270g for the crank arms. i would add 10g+ for a real world estimate. They are availabe with ISIS interface and Stella also has a new external bearing bb for ISIS that will give you all the benefits of the external bb system (stiffness and larger bearings) without limiting the crankset that you want to use.

The cranks shown are 130 bcd, but I think there may also be a 110 coming. Stefano seems very confident that they will be stiffer than the Zipp cranks, but neither of them matches the weight of the CarbonTi cranks that will be coming around February. Of course it will depend on how stiff the CarbonTi cranks are to determine a top dog in the category...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

twistyaction usa

by twistyaction usa

Gotta love the rate of this competition, and we're the beneficiaries. How much engineering and inginuity are they going to try to fit through that little b.b. shell though?

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

yes indeed. it seems that nothing will stop the new arms race in cycling. fortunately. of course i must say that while i love the weight gains made over the past coupel years, the performance regardless of weight has improved multi-fold: stiffness, durability, strength, aerodynamics... i think that the overall efficiency of the system is far superior to even 24 months ago...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

racingtiger

by racingtiger

If you look carefully at the rings, they say "135 BCD" anyone else notice this? Are they going to manufacture campy style cranks in addition to the 130 and 110 BCD?
NOW WITH MORE FLAVOR THAN KOOL-AID!

I'm 129 lbs! How's that for light!