700 Gram frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BobSantini

by BobSantini

djconnel wrote:Looks like a very slackidasical head tube on the stock geometry, so a fork with at least 5 cm rake would be useful here:

http://www.sartocycles.com/index.php/cms/24/Leggera

Relatively short head tubes, though. Good stuff.

You're not looking at the seat tube angles are you? They look pretty relaxed but the head angles are a bit on the steep side if anything. 43 rake might be the go.
That's cool - a small frame with sharp steering.
r o y g b i v

djconnel

by djconnel

I was looking at this chart:

Jason points out it doesn't apply to this bike, however. Which should have been obvious since Jason said it was a 54 cm top tube frame, and there's nothing 54 cm in the chart.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice looking! Where in Italy are they located?

djconnel

by djconnel

My worry is this is another Guru Photon where the frames start snapping because they're so brittle.

Estelja

by Estelja

That BB cutout makes a lot of sense now that I see the picture of the cable guide from the Fondriest. Does the cutout look large enough to then put a Di2 battery up in the downtube? How clean looking would that be!

djconnel

by djconnel

It's a custom frame but if it has Di2 specific hardware, the frame could be lighter. Therefore to those not using Di2, not so cool.

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Looks like regular cable stops in the DT to me. If anything it would be even lighter if preped for di2
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

BobSantini

by BobSantini

djconnel wrote:I was looking at this chart:

Jason points out it doesn't apply to this bike, however. Which should have been obvious since Jason said it was a 54 cm top tube frame, and there's nothing 54 cm in the chart.

Oops sorry. Got my Es and Fs confused, but as you say the chart doesn't apply anyway.
r o y g b i v

elviento

by elviento

Any idea on the construction method? The looks appear to be a glued and wrapped frame. NOt too many of those since the Scott Addict. Is this made in Italy as well (I'm not talking about majority of value added, but the actual manufacturing)?

Looks very nice.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Looks very nice!
Disappointed that it's BB30 though. I'm expecting new 2012 and onward bikes to utilize 386 more often.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

eric

by eric

It's tube to tube, wrapped. There's some info and video on the Sarto web site. Also: http://italiancyclingjournal.blogspot.c ... shops.html

And in this pre-interbike blurb Sarto says they're working on a 660g frame: http://www.rbaction.net/New-Releases/co ... eview.html

djconnel

by djconnel

Aren't all of the custom builders doing the same? Calfee, Crumpton, Guru, Parlee, Spin, Strong, Kish, Serotta, Berk...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

If they're all doing the same custom spec'ing of tubes & geometries per customer, which will essentially determine stiffness, comfort & weight, what is beginning to differentiate them besides price? What would make a potential customer... say gumgardner for example since he's the most relevant and known potential custom-customer here right now... choose one over the other?

Finishes?
Details?
Customer service?
Turn-around time?
A fresh batch of homemade cookies custom made to avoid any allergies?
A personal tour of the best cycling roads in France that have not been featured in Le Tour yet?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

teokiatuan

by teokiatuan

Price list: http://tinyurl.com/sartopricelist2011

20% off all prices except the Squadra Corse until Dec 15 2011

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

prendrefeu wrote:If they're all doing the same custom spec'ing of tubes & geometries per customer, which will essentially determine stiffness, comfort & weight, what is beginning to differentiate them besides price? What would make a potential customer... say gumgardner foexample since he's the most relevant and known potential custom-customer here right now... choose one over the other?

Quality, aesthetics, philosophy, communication.

Same as with steel.