Tiso 12sp wireless RD

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Irish

by Irish

@Pez, of course a campagnolo rep could have looked at it as well :wink: However shimano may be interested in buying the tech in order to develop (or bury) it. Shimano setting a standard for 135mm hubs, 12spd cassettes and electronic shifting would really set the cats among the pigeons (everyones frame becoming obsolete within a year would be a frame manufacturers dream) :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Shimano are beyond that already on a lot of things... Companies are not doing a service to the industry or the public when they use patenting to stop development versus really creating things to sell.

rustychain

by rustychain

Still holding my breath
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

chrism

by chrism

PezTech wrote:Companies are not doing a service to the industry or the public when they use patenting to stop development versus really creating things to sell.

Doesn't stop them doing it when it's in the company's / shareholders' interest.
No scales on the trails

djconnel

by djconnel

46 front + 11-12-13-14-15-17-19-21-23-26-29-33..... who needs front a derailleur?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

46-11? I would. As would most people with a decent sprint, living in a flat'ish country.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

[quote="Phill P"]Wireless is for posser value. It looks better to be wireless. But unless you can justify the extra weight then why bother with the extra cost?[quote]

Given that all electronic shifting set ups are currently heavier and more expensive than cable operated groupset, on this logic you'd have to ask why bother with electronic shifting at all?

I think it's good to see smaller firms offering some competion to the big 3 (or in this case 2, where is SRAM's offering?), no it won't be cheap, but I'm pretty sure there would be plenty of Weight Weenies happy to buy it.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

To add to this discussion I was shown drawings and plans for a 12S Road shifting system (mechanical) and a 11S MTB (mechanical) by a Taiwan based company during Eurobike. So cassettes, chains, mechanical der. and Shifters will be available sometime in the future. Probably Tiso is working with them or on the idea that this stuff will be released in the future. I'm a little worried on shift quality with such narrow spacing and chain life...chain has to be narrow too.

Phill P

by Phill P

why not asymmetric rear spacing? 140mm spacing with the 10mm added to the DS. Hell take 10mm off the NDS again to save weight
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

djconnel

by djconnel

46/11 is a bigger gear than the vast majority of riders can spin out except on gradual, fast descents What do track sprinters use? Much less than that, I think. I sprint in a 50/14, typically. I'm not a fast sprinter, however. I'm slower trying to push a bigger gear than that in powertap experiments.

46/11 @ 120 rpm (a modest sprinting cadence) = 63.4 kph. If you're sprinting @ 90 rpm, you're probably doing yourself an injustice.

bikedoc

by bikedoc

they cant make the shifting better so the only way to sell more stuff is to add gears. i was happy with 8, 9 was nice only went to 10 because its what i was given, 9 lasted longer and shifted better then 8 and 10. they are going to have to widen the rear spacing very soon and then we will all need new bikes so were not 'out of date'

kavitator

by kavitator

djconnel wrote:

:scared: :-? :-? :-x :roll:

why?

ras11

by ras11

Maybe SRAM should make an investment in Tiso.

I think a 50 or 48 front ring makes a lot of sense. The 11x33 cassette would get you close to a 53x39 12-27. Doubles will be the new triples of the next decade!
:-) Toys-R-Us

voodoojar

by voodoojar

I've been running a 46 + 11-28 on one of my bikes for a couple of week now and fast shifts from low to high will throw the chain everytime. I've been having to really slow down the shifts where I'd normally only have to go from small to big in the front. I've also broken a chain climbing on this setup because of the severe cross chaining going on.

ras11

by ras11

Not to be hijacking the thread, but I don't understand why you are attributing your chain failure to the single ring setup. You don't see cyclocross riders breaking chains because of chain angle, and today's modern chains have a lot of side angle tolerance.

now, back to Tiso...
:-) Toys-R-Us

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com